[NL20-NL50] $7.50 cap NL: bad 2nd barrel AK

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, $7.50 Betting Cap, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Kruppe (BB): $8.10
      UTG: $21.40
      MP: $46.65
      CO: $25
      BTN: $12.85
      SB: $43.60

Pre-Flop: K:heart: A:diamond: dealt to Kruppe (BB)
      UTG folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Kruppe raises to $1.75, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($3.75) 2:spade: 7:heart: T:club: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Kruppe bets $2, SB calls $2

Turn: ($7.75) J:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Keruli bets $3.75, and is capped, SB calls $3.75, and is capped

reads: opp had called cbets with overcards. should I just check flop here?

and I think that even if he calls the flop with overcards, he will often have better some kind of hand, especially on the turn.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since you can´t fire third barrel as bluff and he knows that then checking back is fine, since he won´t fold there often enough.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      does that mean that i have less fold equity because he knows he only has to call one bet?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      does that mean that i have less fold equity because he knows he only has to call one bet?
      Yes. You can't threaten player his whole stack (means you can't go all-in on the later streets). He just has to call one bet to see if he is ahead or not.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      I never played CAP NL, not sure but imo it must be played the same strategy as short stack one on simple NL tables, so stick to SSS in the strategy section, don't bet turn with just an ace high :-)

Taken here : http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/824/6/

You raised pre-flop and on the flop you only have one opponent. Then, and only then, you bet 2/3 of the pot. Same here: If you have to invest more than half of your money, you immediately push all-in. If on the other hand your opponent raises or even only calls your bet, you're through with your hand. You won't invest more money and will give up when facing any resistance.