This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK river bet?

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 70.4 BB
      SB: 106.8 BB
      BB: 384.1 BB
      Hero (UTG): 478.8 BB
      MP: 36.2 BB
      CO: 163.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: K:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) 2:club: 8:club: 7:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 6.4 BB, fold, BB calls 6.4 BB

Turn: (21.8 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 15.6 BB, BB calls 15.6 BB

River: (53 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows 3:heart: 2:heart: (Two Pair, Threes and Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 20%, Turn 82%)
      Hero mucks K:heart: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 82%, Flop 80%, Turn 18%)
      BB wins 50.4 BB

10 hands on villian, I previous hand, he was 3x barreling mutliway with A6o on 567, turn was 6.

Should I bet pot size flop and turn?
      Bet river? It cant be more dangerous against my KK. Only maybe A8 A7 calls.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: Considering we are deep with a couple of guys and some players look really fishy I'd raise 4x UTG here.

Postflop: You don't think villain can have 99-JJ in his calling range on flop and turn? I'd say he could.

Considering the stack sizes I think we can still bet/fold and get value from 1p type hands. Don't forget villain can also have hand like 89/8T, etc
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      "Preflop: Considering we are deep with a couple of guys and some players look really fishy I'd raise 4x UTG here."

Now I am confused. In strategy articles I read that we should always open raise the same size with all hands, for deception.
      Should I then open raise each time just UTG 4x, or just with premium hands? I think if I do it only with premiums, my play would be obvious.
      I am always writting notes, how much people open raise, and especially if I see they open raise with premiums larger, and e.g with PP smaller.