Transfers to FT - Country of Birth

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Hi,

So PokerStars is asking where and when I was born before I can transfer funds from Stars to FullTilt.

I was born in the USA but now live in New Zealand and have citizenship. However I also have US Citizenship.

I am not aware of how exactly the US Laws against poker work, but are there likely to be any complications if I do this?

Thanks

:f_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey metza,

For an account query such as this it is always best to contact the poker rooms to verify :)

Please let us know how you get on though!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey metza,

For an account query such as this it is always best to contact the poker rooms to verify :)

Best regards,
      Gary
      But if there's some complication by which US born citizens cannot play online poker then my account could get frozen. I know its unlikely but even if there's only a 1% chance of it happening then I don't want to take that risk. :f_frown:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Im pretty sure that there is no law against US citizens to play online poker, you just can't play in USA. Just look at all the americans who move out of USA to play.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by metza
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey metza,

Best regards,
      Gary
      But if there's some complication by which US born citizens cannot play online poker then my account could get frozen. I know its unlikely but even if there's only a 1% chance of it happening then I don't want to take that risk. :f_frown:
      As long as you are not playing from the US all will be OK I would imagine :)