Hud and SNG

• Acespeci
      How useful is the HUD with SNG and tornaments?

The stats not very effective because there is inadequate hands amount and blinds going up.

HEM 2 doesnt make any sense to me for SNG and Torny.

Am a beginner so i might be wrong.
  • 5 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      Basically it's great.

In SnGs there are tons of (bad) regs. In a couple of weeks - a month you will start getting some decent samples on players and start knowing who to avoid and who to look for.

In MTTs its pretty important for things like as you're approaching the bubble you will see who you can exploit and stuff, who is going to be the guys that will build you a nice chipstack for a run at the final table. OF course it is a lot harder to build up a sample on players in large field MTTs but it's still useful.

• Gentari
      I use a basic HUD with information that can easily point out the villains type and how often he 3bets.

I also make sure I know the BBs everyone has so I can be careful shoving on people who are going to be forced to call very light.

People use a lot of stats in their HUDs which may help them in other ways, but I often fear information overload.
    • chiller666
      with vpip/pfr you get an idea of the players style. also these converge very fast. a guy that plays 80/0 over 10 hands won't be a reg.
      there are a lot of slow converging stats that may be helpful, like stealstats, cbet, fold to cbet and so on. I like to put these into the popup, because they can be missleading and to many numbers that dont say nothing are annoying.
      so even if you only display vpip/pfr/hands and never look at another value you will find it very usefull.

What stats do you look at to determine a bad reg you want to play against?
    • ExternalUseOnly

I start with a basic HUD like you say to get a read of player styles, then if i find myself constantly clicking the pop up for the same stat then i'll add it to my HUD and build it that way. Sorry maybe i shouldn't have said use HUD to find players to avoid/play against i just meant that it won't take you long at all to build a sample of hands against some people at SNGs (because OP said about sample size) and as you gather this data you will soon have some nice notes on the good and bad regs and have them colour coded so you can see in the lobby which games are the juicy ones :)
    • ghaleon
      Stats I find usefull are vpip, pfr, steal, 3bet, aggr.f (or frequency) and fold bb to steal. Cbet or fold to cbet does take conciderable hand sample and are more situation dependent. But if you have like 5k hands on someone it tells something if his flop cbet is 90.