BB: $3.49
      UTG: $5.58
      Hero (UTG+1): $4.24
      MP: $1.51
      MP+1: $4.49
      CO: $3.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.98, BB calls $0.66

Flop: ($1.98, 2 players) 7:diamond: 5:diamond: 9:diamond:
      BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.26 and is all-in, BB calls $1.51 and is all-in

Turn: ($7.00, 2 players) 9:heart:

River: ($7.00, 2 players) J:diamond:

BB shows A:spade: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 82%, Flop 89%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Nines) (Pre 18%, Flop 11%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins $6.54

Could I have taken a different line here? He's unknown so I have no idea what his donk on the flop meant but I believe he could be on a draw here with no made hand yet and reraising is the best way to get value from his flush draws. Sometimes he can have TT or JJ too
  • 5 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Yep, you couldn't really expect him to have AA-KK after he called preflop.

Overall I expect him to have weaker hands and draws here more often.

So well played.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th334
      Yep, you couldn't really expect him to have AA-KK after he called preflop.

Overall I expect him to have weaker hands and draws here more often.

So well played.
      +1
      would have played same way
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      What if the board was 7 5 9 rainbow instead? Or maybe even less drawy like 2 6 T rainbow? Get it in on the river or call and evaluate?
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      What if the board was 7 5 9 rainbow instead? Or maybe even less drawy like 2 6 T rainbow? Get it in on the river or call and evaluate?
      Consider stack to pot ratio: the effective stack is so small, that if you call, it will less than 40% of the pot on the turn. Therefore, there's no way around shipping on the flop. Of course you can call, but it won't change absolutely anything, you are completely pot-committed.

The idea is correct though -- the more possible draws are on the board, the more we are willing to put all the money in the middle. It just doesn't really matter in your example because of the small stack sizes.

NB:
      • effective stack -- the smallest of your stacks
      • stack to pot ratio -- effective stack divided by the pot
      • pot committed -- having too good pot odds for a call, thus being unable to fold
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Even if the board was T62r I'd just go for a stack off on the flop here.

Of course, calling won't be a mistake, but then we risk a bad card to come on which he's not willing to put his money, so I'd just ship it here.

Best,
      Plamen