This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] leading with 66

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $3.69 (184.5 bb)
      SB: $1.59 (79.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5 (250 bb)
      MP: $2.56 (128 bb)
      CO: $2.09 (104.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 6
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.20) 3 K 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB folds, MP calls $0.14

I can make some better hands fold, and a FD can call me here. Is leading okay?

Turn: ($0.48) 6 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32

If a 6 wouldn't hit, I would probably give up here and play passively.

River: ($1.12) 3 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.22, Hero raises to $1, MP folds

I think he would fold with most hands regardless of my raise size, I still raised, hoping to get called by something like A3, I don't know :f_biggrin: Maybe a min-raise would be better?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: what's his range ck/calling two streets there as PFR?

Why would you give up on the turn if no 6 hit? And btw the flop stab is fine.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi German,

Hi Bogdan,

Emm...I would say a draw like QJcc, or alternatively some good PP like jacks or tens that he doesn't feel like folding even on a king board.

On the turn...I don't know. Maybe I would bet again on a scare card, like a club. I don't think I can bet on a high card, because with betting on a king, if an ace shows up, I can't freaken tell him that I have AK :f_biggrin:

Or you think, if he checks to us, it's better to bet again to extract value from draws? I don't feel all that comfortable with pocket sixes without a full house :f_biggrin: On top of this, I think PP are more likely here than draws, at least in my ORC.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334
      Hi German,

Hi Bogdan,

Emm...I would say a draw like QJcc, or alternatively some good PP like jacks or tens that he doesn't feel like folding even on a king board.

On the turn...I don't know. Maybe I would bet again on a scare card, like a club. I don't think I can bet on a high card, because with betting on a king, if an ace shows up, I can't freaken tell him that I have AK :f_biggrin:

Or you think, if he checks to us, it's better to bet again to extract value from draws? I don't feel all that comfortable with pocket sixes without a full house :f_biggrin: On top of this, I think PP are more likely here than draws, at least in my ORC.
      His range for ck/calling is usually made up of weak Kx, second pair type hands and some draws. And this range is going for "pot control" with the ck/call line.

Thus it's a range that usually can't call many streets.

It doesn't make sense to put him on a draw mostly and then bet a club as a bluff.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      His range for ck/calling is usually made up of weak Kx, second pair type hands and some draws. And this range is going for "pot control" with the ck/call line.

Thus it's a range that usually can't call many streets.

It doesn't make sense to put him on a draw mostly and then bet a club as a bluff.
      No, it doesn't :) but if he has a weaker king, then it doesn't make sense to bet on a face card either. That's why I was going to give up I guess.

Would you bet all the way? I think it would be very difficult to bluff him off a king, and even if we manage it, I'm not sure whether it will be +EV in the long run. Some people on NL2 just don't fold kings here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Exactly :)

We don't bet there to make him fold a Kx, no way we are getting anyone at 2nl to fold TP on the turn.

We are betting to get him to fold better hands (pairs) and get value from draws :)
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Exactly :)

We don't bet there to make him fold a Kx, no way we are getting anyone at 2nl to fold TP on the turn.

We are betting to get him to fold better hands (pairs) and get value from draws :)
      And on top of this, we buy a cheap showdown and prevent him from bluffing us off on the river!

How smart are we! :pokerface: I even started to suspect that our climbing up winnings graph is not a horrible coincidence! :f_biggrin: