[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] leading with 66

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $3.69 (184.5 bb)
      SB: $1.59 (79.5 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5 (250 bb)
      MP: $2.56 (128 bb)
      CO: $2.09 (104.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 6 6
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.06, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds

Flop: ($0.20) 3 K 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB folds, MP calls $0.14

I can make some better hands fold, and a FD can call me here. Is leading okay?

Turn: ($0.48) 6 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.32, MP calls $0.32

If a 6 wouldn't hit, I would probably give up here and play passively.

River: ($1.12) 3 (2 players)
      MP bets $0.22, Hero raises to $1, MP folds

I think he would fold with most hands regardless of my raise size, I still raised, hoping to get called by something like A3, I don't know :f_biggrin: Maybe a min-raise would be better?
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: what's his range ck/calling two streets there as PFR?

Why would you give up on the turn if no 6 hit? And btw the flop stab is fine.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi German,

Hi Bogdan,

Emm...I would say a draw like QJcc, or alternatively some good PP like jacks or tens that he doesn't feel like folding even on a king board.

On the turn...I don't know. Maybe I would bet again on a scare card, like a club. I don't think I can bet on a high card, because with betting on a king, if an ace shows up, I can't freaken tell him that I have AK :f_biggrin:

Or you think, if he checks to us, it's better to bet again to extract value from draws? I don't feel all that comfortable with pocket sixes without a full house :f_biggrin: On top of this, I think PP are more likely here than draws, at least in my ORC.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334
      Hi German,

Hi Bogdan,

Emm...I would say a draw like QJcc, or alternatively some good PP like jacks or tens that he doesn't feel like folding even on a king board.

On the turn...I don't know. Maybe I would bet again on a scare card, like a club. I don't think I can bet on a high card, because with betting on a king, if an ace shows up, I can't freaken tell him that I have AK :f_biggrin:

Or you think, if he checks to us, it's better to bet again to extract value from draws? I don't feel all that comfortable with pocket sixes without a full house :f_biggrin: On top of this, I think PP are more likely here than draws, at least in my ORC.
      His range for ck/calling is usually made up of weak Kx, second pair type hands and some draws. And this range is going for "pot control" with the ck/call line.

Thus it's a range that usually can't call many streets.

It doesn't make sense to put him on a draw mostly and then bet a club as a bluff.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      His range for ck/calling is usually made up of weak Kx, second pair type hands and some draws. And this range is going for "pot control" with the ck/call line.

Thus it's a range that usually can't call many streets.

It doesn't make sense to put him on a draw mostly and then bet a club as a bluff.
      No, it doesn't :) but if he has a weaker king, then it doesn't make sense to bet on a face card either. That's why I was going to give up I guess.

Would you bet all the way? I think it would be very difficult to bluff him off a king, and even if we manage it, I'm not sure whether it will be +EV in the long run. Some people on NL2 just don't fold kings here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Exactly :)

We don't bet there to make him fold a Kx, no way we are getting anyone at 2nl to fold TP on the turn.

We are betting to get him to fold better hands (pairs) and get value from draws :)
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Exactly :)

We don't bet there to make him fold a Kx, no way we are getting anyone at 2nl to fold TP on the turn.

We are betting to get him to fold better hands (pairs) and get value from draws :)
      And on top of this, we buy a cheap showdown and prevent him from bluffing us off on the river!

How smart are we! :pokerface: I even started to suspect that our climbing up winnings graph is not a horrible coincidence! :f_biggrin: