pokerstars bonus

• b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      If i dont reach the 500 points i have the $50 took off me right, but it i deposit, say $50 and my account shows $50 with 400 points at the cut off date will i lose the $50 thats in my account, or say i lose the $50 given then deposit will i then lose my deposit??
  • 15 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I wouldn't deposit until after you clear the bonus.

You have 90 days to clear the bonus, which is more than enough time. I think I did it in under 2 weeks, and that was playing NL10 tables (according to the basic SSS articles on this site)

If you study the articles, pay attention to them and play as they instruct you to, and use solid bankroll management, you won't lose the money.

However, if you do lose it, and deposit your own money, and still haven't cleared the 500 points in 3 months..my guess would be that it would be deducted from your account.

Just a guess though.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      Can a mod or admin answer this please, I want to make a deposit and continue to play pokerstars, due to the way fpp are paid, its hard to get 500fpp from $50, wish id choose anouther site that has realistic goal, 500fpp = $200 in rake, and at micro you rarly get any, so to get the points you have to play well over you limit
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Hopefully a mod or admin will reply to make you feel better, but I would not recommend making a deposit just to move up in the limits to get fpp's faster.

It would be better to just play more tables (once you have a strategy mastered).

It is very easy to clear 500 fpp's in 90 days with the $50 they give you. I actually cleared mine in less than 2 weeks playing at NL10 (that's the .05/.10 blind levels).

Your FPP's are not calculated by how much money you personally put into the pot, they are calculated based on how much rake was taken from the pot. Once the rake reaches 40 cents you get an fpp.. it doesn't matter if you actually played that hand or not. All that matters is that you were dealt cards.

If you were dealt cards, and it comes to your turn and you fold, and then the people behind you play and the pot reaches 8 dollars, the rake is now 40 cents and you get a point. It doesn't matter that you didn't put any money into the pot.

Moving up to a higher limit before you are ready, is a recipe for disaster.
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      By the way, to clear 500 points in 90 days, it's not even 6 points per day that you need.

It's very very easy to get more than 6 points a day, even with extremely casual play.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello b1gfoot,

Normally it is not a problem clearing the "activity" restrictions although if you are only playing 1-2 tables it does get quite difficult at the micro limits.

What limits and how many tables do you play?

As far as I am informed the poker rooms never retract money that you deposited by yourself - just their restricted capital if any of it is left. As such making your own deposit (I would recommend using the 100% up to $100 first deposit bonus that comes along with the starting capital) should not pose a problem.

Regardless of this you should quickly contact our support via the ticket system just to be sure. You can find the link to the ticket system here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/help/

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • fbhz85
      fbhz85
      Bronze
      Hi b1gfoot,

I'm new over here too.
      I was concerned about don't getting my Bonus cleared.

If you thinking: "Oh, I need 500 points to clear my bonus, it's impossible!"

No. It's not. In 3 days playing I got 87 points.

Some Stats:
      BR - 69.74
      FPP - 87
      Days: 3
      Hands Played (approx.): 2.800

Obs.: Don't worry about Bonus, think about learning poker and playing well on the long run.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      What limits you playing?, im on 10/25 X2 but this maxes my BR(have to sit SS), you do not earn points on micro, to earn a point you need a rake of .40 ($8pot) very rare on micro, sometimes hit it on 10/25, for me to play 50/1 i need a BR of $100 or i will lose all to 1 BB, but am at $20(fpp200) due to a few BB, also you dont get 1fpp for every .40 so if rake is $3 you dont get 7fpp (i think unfair) works out to 3fpp.
      I have cleard a few bonuses but pokerstars has to be one of the hardest with a $50 starting, wouldent be so bad if it was $50+50 at 250fpps I was thinking to get 500fpp you have to spend $200 but in fact its a lot more.
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      I applied for the Pokerstars bonus a couple of days back, no sign of it yet. How long does it take to go through? I did everything required.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      Got mine the same day.
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      As if to make me look silly my bonus has gone through, just checked into PS there now ... I thought it'd be verified by e-mail first, it wasn't in there yesterday. Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, good luck :)
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Originally posted by b1gfoot
      What limits you playing?, im on 10/25 X2 but this maxes my BR(have to sit SS), you do not earn points on micro, to earn a point you need a rake of .40 ($8pot) very rare on micro, sometimes hit it on 10/25, for me to play 50/1 i need a BR of $100 or i will lose all to 1 BB, but am at $20(fpp200) due to a few BB, also you dont get 1fpp for every .40 so if rake is $3 you dont get 7fpp (i think unfair) works out to 3fpp.
      I have cleard a few bonuses but pokerstars has to be one of the hardest with a $50 starting, wouldent be so bad if it was $50+50 at 250fpps I was thinking to get 500fpp you have to spend $200 but in fact its a lot more.
      That has to be one of the hardest couple of paragraphs I've ever read. =)

I think you're not clear on how the points work. Yes, it's true that not every pot qualifies for a point in the microlimits, and it can be uncommon that a pot gets to $8 on a NL10 table. But it doesn't have to be often. It only has to happen 6 times a DAY for you to clear your bonus.

YOU don't personally have to put ANY money into that $8 pot. If you were dealt cards, and someone ELSE with $4 goes all in, and gets called by another person with $4.. there's an $8 pot, you get the point. It doesn't matter that you didn't play in the hand. It doesn't matter that you didn't put any money into the pot in that hand. All that matters is that you were dealt cards.

It is EASY to clear the requirements on NL10 tables. I cleared my bonus entirely on NL10 tables, before I ever moved up in limits at all. You only need 6 points per day.

When I first started I was playing ONE table a day, eventually moved to two, etc.

I'd hate to have other new players reading this post and think that 500 points is impossible to clear (or even difficult to clear) in 90 days, as you seem to keep saying.

For your benefit, I made a custom report of my first 500 VPPs. This is my first 500ish hands I've ever played online, which qualified for a VPP. In the report, I included only my first 2 weeks of play which of course was ONLY on NL10 tables. (as you can easily verify for yourself)

If you care enough, I took the time to post an image of every hand in the report, but don't want to post them all as images here. I'm sure you get the idea. However, if you for some reason still don't believe me, you can find the rest of the images here:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs02.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs03.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs04.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs05.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs06.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs07.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs08.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs09.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs10.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs11.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs12.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs13.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs14.png
      http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p71/Vilael/Poker/First500VPPs15.png

This shows it's possible to easily clear the bonus. You only need 6 points a day, which is not nearly as difficult as you're making it sound. You don't need to move up in limits JUST to clear the bonus. I would guess that most of the PokerStrategy.com players who followed the artciles, and good BRM, were able to easily clear their bonuses on NL10 tables without ever moving up a level.

Also note that the total rake shown as paid, is the rake paid by the table, not by ME. The vast majority of those hands, I was not even involved in, since, as a short stacker, I only play about 6% of all of the hands dealt to me.

Again, I'd have to say that moving up in limits before you are ready, just to try to clear a bonus, is a mistake. Focus on making the right decisions, playing good poker, and trust me, the points will come.

6 points a day is a goal that even the most casual of players, can easily clear.

Reason for edit: reorganized my photobucket account, which broke the links to these images. Fixed them.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      Sorry my post was hard to read was trying to keep it simple,
      I understand what you say and yes if you have 6hrs a day to sit at a poker table with out playing to earn 6fpp then it is easy, all bonuses are easy in that respect, but i play poker, i dont just sit doing nothing, i will take the ruff with the smooth.
      If at a table of 5/10 and the pot gets to $8 then the table is full of donks, this would be a great table for me.
      Im not saying its impossable to clear but if I did this all agin pokerstars would be the last site id choose for the bonus, I like pokerstars and after the bonus period ends i will make a deposit and play for money rather than points.
      Also this would suggest that its not a good idea to play SNGs.(i like SNGs but on pokerstars have had no luck)
      To new players i am telling them how it is, what fun is it to sit and not play?
      so i advise get the bonus on anouther site, then deposit at pokerstars.
      Point system, 1 fpp for rakes over .40 if a rake is 2.90 you still get only get 1 fpp, 1 extra 1 at $3 then 1 more at $5 rake its quit simple but unfair compared to outher sites.(unfair-not rewarding)
      What you say is right, but no fun, however im on a few outer sites so I will use your method here and play on anouther, may as well play 6 tables for 2hrs and hope for 10fpp.
      You can not play GOOD poker with SSS, this becomes a waiting game (grind)with a bit of luck, yes you can make money and yes it does help clear bonuses but do not confuse this with good poker, Gl
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      There are people on this site that play SSS at NL1000 and above. I dare you to tell them they're not playing good poker.

How you define "good poker" is up to you. SSS is just a strategy, one among many. It's not "good" or "bad". There are a bazillion ways to play the game, and SSS is certainly profitable if you have some sort of a clue what you're doing and can follow simple instructions. I can prove it over hundreds of thousands of hands... but somehow I have the feeling you're not really interested in that.

It's a basic strategy, easy to learn for beginners. That's why it's recommended as a starting point for people to get into online poker, risk free. They don't have to risk any of their own money, and if they play SSS correctly, they're not really risking the free $50 that was given to them by PokerStrategy, either.

If you don't like SSS, don't play it. But please don't come here posting that it's impossible to clear a mere 6 points a day on NL10 tables, and that to clear those points you have no choice but to move up in limits.

That statement is obviously false, and only serves to scare other new players that don't know how easy it is. As proven, it can be done by any player with a minimum amount of effort. It doesn't require you to sit there for 6 hours a day.

As you can see from the image I took a great deal of time to compile for you, which you must have ignored, my very first day of online playing.. ever.. playing on one table at a time, I got my first 6 points in under 2 hours. That tells me that playing 2 tables, as you say you are, you should be able to get that many points in under 1 hour. On NL10 tables.

Is it enough to get you Supernova Elite overnight? No. Is it enough to easily clear your 500 points in 90 days, without moving up in the limits and risking any of your own money? Of course it is. easily.

Please stop spewing incorrect information. This is a beginners questions forum, and people will look here for correct information. You asked a question, got factual answers in response to them, and still for some reason you're wanting to make it sound like some obstacle which is difficult to overcome.

It's not.

In any event, I wish you the best of luck.

EDIT: fixed a typo.
    • b1gfoot
      b1gfoot
      Bronze
      Im shocked tha they play SSS at such high stakes, mainly cus when i spot this play i rob blinds like mad and know almost exactly what sort of hands they have, you can rob the SS quite easily, im not knocking it as I have used it and as I say yes it can make money, but not good poker(opnion).
      At no point have I said it is impossable that stament is false and I have agreed that SSS on pokerstars is probably the way to go, but no fun.
      I did look over some of the HH but as I say iv not got 6hrs each day to play for fpp, I play for money. Normally my bonus would be cleared by now.
      I have been playing 10/25 and have earned less points than what you did in 2hrs.
      I am not trying to scare ppl but to advise them, you must agree that for a beginner its probably better to take up a diffrent site?
      Im not spewing any false information, im telling facts and my view, I asked a quistion but did not get a proper answer only advice, should is not a yes or no, so i will wait for my bonus to expire before depositing.
      I think you may heve been lucky to see all this action, as iv been there for 4 weeks now and dont earn as much fpp on the higher tables, possably iv just been unlucky. You were gitting $8-10 pots every 10-15 mins or so on .05/.10 on 10/25 im seeing them ever 30 mins or so.
      I thank you for all you efforts, but please note this is the right advice for the newcommers
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Luck?

lol.. a few hands is luck. I posted for you every single qualifying raked hand I played on PokerStars while clearing my first 500 VPP's.

Luck? At least you have sense of humor.

I've spent enough time and effort on this thread. Certainly anyone who wants to look at the actual data from real online play from a brand new online player at Stars on NL10 tables can make up their own mind just how difficult it is.

Good luck to you b1gfoot. It seems you need it.