BTN ($2.13)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.13) 5:diamond: T:spade: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, BB calls $0.08

TURN ($0.29) 5:diamond: T:spade: 6:club: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.32, Hero folds

BB wins $0.57

These minraises seem quite popular in the microstakes, but I cant understand what they mean. Is it because of my smallish bet on the turn, or is it just an attempt of getting value?
      They have so far never happened when I have had a hand worth calling with, and thus I have no clue.
      Hoping for an enlightening interesting reply :)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Painterman,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: the flop cbet is fine but on that turn I wouldn't barrel.

I can't see much worse calling nor better hands folding.

Since we know nothing about BB we can only speculate as to what his raise means but it's often for value with a Tx hand or even pair/boat.
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      What does the turn change? A flushdraw appears and the ten now has trips. However no hands previously behind, now beat us. Atleast as far as I can see. It also makes it less likely for him to have a ten. You don't think many, both "made" and drawing, hands that call the c-bet will fold to another barrel?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by painterman007
      What does the turn change? A flushdraw appears and the ten now has trips. However no hands previously behind, now beat us. Atleast as far as I can see. It also makes it less likely for him to have a ten. You don't think many, both "made" and drawing, hands that call the c-bet will fold to another barrel?
      One thing that the T does is make most pair feel better, at least for most people. The same way you think he has less Tx he thinks you have less Tx so his 99 looks ok.

I feel that a J/Q/K/A are much better turns to bet on because now 2nd pair from the flop is 3-rd pair. Plus all the TP from flop are now second pair.

The only hands that may fold are random floats, but we beat those anyway (with our AK).