[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Raise? Thin value?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Guy looks passive and fishy over 15 hands.

Is this played okay? Should I raise flop? I didn't like my hand too much on the flop but since he bets small on the turn again I thought I had to raise.

On the river he could have some bluffcatchers right?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2040498
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $50.75
      MP: $58.14
      CO: $52.97
      BTN: $50.83
      SB: $37.37
      BB: $26.93

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Q :spade: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 3 folds, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 8 :heart: T :heart: Q :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.50) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises to $8, SB calls $6

River: ($23.50) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB calls $13
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      River bet seems a bit close because he showed some aggression albeit weak aggression. I don't mind a check behind, sizing is awkward and people don't like paying off as much is it's their last bullet imo so I wouldn't vbet so thin.

Flop I prefer calling as well and turn is a definite raise for value given the weak range he bets like that with. On the flop I think his range of donking like that still contains enough better hands and it's tough to get value. Once you call and raise turn you look more like trying to bluff because of his weak turn bet (not because a turn raise looks weak in general). If he bet normal size, I think turn would be just a call as well.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I thought he would bet flushes bigger on the turn or 3bet the turn, or donk the river. Same goes for sets/two pairs. So I had him mostly on top pair, or toppair/2nd pair with draw.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I thought he would bet flushes bigger on the turn or 3bet the turn, or donk the river. Same goes for sets/two pairs. So I had him mostly on top pair, or toppair/2nd pair with draw.
      QT, 89, J8 some small flush can play like this, probably straight as well because it doesn't like the possible flush. Not all play like this but I would include some in your opponent's range.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thanks you're right