[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - my 4bet gets called omfg

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey!

Stats:
      25/20/200h reg with 9% 3bet and like 16% vs hero so far. Foldto4bet was 1/1 so far . 2.5 AF 55 w$sd

Let's go broke with AK I think :D . aaaaand he flats and I obv miss :(

What would u do? I hoped that he checked down with AQ/AK :P .

I think I need to barrel vs his pockets and he could have KK+ so I could valuetown myself.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2040506
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $64.77
      BTN: $68.59
      SB: $55.02
      BB: $40.00
      UTG: $31.14
      MP: $55.96

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A :heart: K :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.37, BTN raises to $5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12.50, BTN calls $7.50

Flop: ($25.75) 2 :spade: T :club: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($25.75) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($25.75) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks
  • 5 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I'm gonna bump this hand :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

The hand was marked as being evaluated by someone else so I thought they'd chip in soon. Gonna give some comments then...

You are a bit deep so I think him calling the 4bet is a bit expected when you make it a 'standard' sizing for 100bb stacks (imo 22bb is enough for 100bb but I sometimes get called with that). 25bb is not that big compared to how much deeper you are.

Postflop is really up to what you know so far about him. Here are some pointers:

1) Don't expect him to fold 99 or better, probably not 88 either if he 3bets them.

2)Cbet once and give up is risky imo. People 3bet hands with potential/playability so they can cbet often -> not fold to cbet if they call a 4bet. This may me compensate by the small sizing you should use as a standard in 4bet pots on super dry board of 1/4 pot.

3)Make a note of what he had and adjust your 4betting range. In this case I expect some 76, AQ, 88-99 type hand since he checked it down, maybe AK.

In order to decide whether to barrel or not you need to figure out if betting more streets gets you more FE than betting bigger (usually yes from my experience) and then do some maths. You are not too sure of his range obviously so it would be a really rough estimate but it's a start.

In your spot, I think you can cbet and go from there. You have 6 outs if behind and obviously a protected range since you have TT+ in your range here. That means 27 value combos that never fold. Some of your other bluffs also improved, for example AT, KT 4bet bluffs now have TP.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks !

He showed 99...

So probably Cbet flop and then barrel good turns like J+ is fine? :)

I didn't notice his range could be a bit wider because we're deeper.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay thanks !

He showed 99...

So probably Cbet flop and then barrel good turns like J+ is fine? :)

I didn't notice his range could be a bit wider because we're deeper.
      I don't think he folds 99 in a hurry but on J+ he might. For that though, you have to see how often do you hit your 'outs' so to speak and if he has 99 he probably has TT, JJ as well.. This is always a close spot with air and I'm far from the best at evaluating opponent's range because some are overconfident and call K2s here while some only have slowplays. They also approach postflop differently.

It's very different for each player so can't give anything remotely close to general advice here.