[NL2-NL10] NL5 Speed JTs on BB

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $7.27 (145.4 bb)
      UTG: $6.96 (139.2 bb)
      MP: $1.16 (23.2 bb)
      CO: $0.90 (18 bb)
      BTN: $0.17 (3.4 bb)
      SB: $7.04 (140.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J T
      UTG raises to $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.22) T K T (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.22) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

River: ($0.52) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.85

Results:
      $3.02 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: T K T J A
      Hero mucked J T and won $2.87 ($1.37 net)
      UTG showed Q Q and lost (-$1.50 net)

Villain is 30/9 over 44 hands

PF: I called on the BB because it's a minR and I have the odds for a good speculative hand like JTs. And if UTG has a strong hand I have good implied odds for my call.

Flop: I hit a nice flop and opted for a x/r.

Turn: Bet for value w my FH

River: When the A hits, I bet again for value. When he raises me, his range basically is straight, 2p, Trips(unlikely), FH(unlikely). I was thinking if I made a mistake not 3-betting? I got scared of AT & KT.

I put him on this range: JJ+,ATs+,KJs+,ATo+,KJo+,QTo.

And holy f**k, I actually have 84% against this range. I guess I lost a lot of value??
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: looks fine vs min raise

Postflop: I'm really surprised that you got scared of those hands.

What would you do if villain shoved?

For me this would be a clear value 3-bet on the river.
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan,

Yes I realize this is my mindset issue that whenever a card which turns up that can "help" Villain turn a hand better than mine, I immediately start forgetting about ranges and get paranoid of him having that particular hand.

Easiest example is I have nut straight on duo-tone Flop and Turn card makes Flush possible. I often miss out a lot of Value.

Is this a leak? And is there any way I can actually stop being paranoid??? I can think of playing more w the Equilab and going through scenarios on Turn & River while playing w diff ranges.

To answer your question about him shoving, I'm positive I'll fold because of Ipoker's 10s rule. But if I have enough time let's say 30s, I would think I might get a grip and start putting him on a range and realize I'm actually a very clear favorite against his value range.

Thanks!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by cheekopeh
      Hi Bogdan,

Yes I realize this is my mindset issue that whenever a card which turns up that can "help" Villain turn a hand better than mine, I immediately start forgetting about ranges and get paranoid of him having that particular hand.

Easiest example is I have nut straight on duo-tone Flop and Turn card makes Flush possible. I often miss out a lot of Value.

Is this a leak? And is there any way I can actually stop being paranoid??? I can think of playing more w the Equilab and going through scenarios on Turn & River while playing w diff ranges.

To answer your question about him shoving, I'm positive I'll fold because of Ipoker's 10s rule. But if I have enough time let's say 30s, I would think I might get a grip and start putting him on a range and realize I'm actually a very clear favorite against his value range.

Thanks!
      Hi cheekopeh,

The best exercise for your problem is to force yourself into doing hand reading. As soon as one of these cards hit start thinking about hands that you still beat and can call and if nothing (or few) come to mind in the first 5 seconds that means that:
      A) he actually can't call much worse (or has much worse)
      B) we need more practice with hand reading.

Outside of the table playing with various equilab scenarios is key. I'd recommend taking hands from your own game and running through to see how much of ones range actually hits a flush or straight on a scare card.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      def 3bet for value on the river. I would be tempted to jam cus fish have a hard time folding Q here.