This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] aks 21

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($6.24)
      BB ($5.13)
      UTG ($5.82)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($3.93)
      BTN ($5.82)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.15) 5:diamond: 3:club: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50

TURN ($2.15) 5:diamond: 3:club: 7:diamond: J:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25

RIVER ($4.65) 5:diamond: 3:club: 7:diamond: J:heart: Q:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2.70 (AI), Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $4.34

Can't say i liked my play.

His range is rather easy to guess pp-s up to qq and ak , he might made sets with them but it is unlikely he folds flop. I didn't want to force myself into a bet/call on the turn but c/c is very slim.

Other way to to c/r flop maybe up to 2 in case of a half pot bet then push any turn, check/shoving flop is a bit crude but if worth considering especially if he bets bigger.

Of course the check option the other hand can't fold out hands if he decides to check it down.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Considering we underbet the flop I'd bet the turn as well. With 23% WTSD he's most likely gonna drop a lot of his PPs there maybe even 99-TT.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I totally agree about him folding his pockets but how much would you bet and how would you react to a push and how big of a raise would you call maximum if you wouldn't call a push ?

My assumption :
      Flop
      QQ-22,AKs,AKo

Turn -42% = profitable bluff
      QQ-77,55,33

Turn least call -38% = borderline profitable assuming half pot size
      QQ-JJ,77,55,33

Best case scenario he folds what we want then just calls in hope of we put more money in on the river, its better then c/c if he just calls.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      If he raises it's just a matter of math at that point. What pot odds we get versus our flush equity (maybe sometimes overcard equity).

I would say that besides PPs he may also call AK/AQ after we bet that small on the flop so that's an extra benefit (hand that would fold turn).