[NL2-NL10] NL5 QJs in 3-bet pot

• cheekopeh
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.83 (56.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $4.20 (84 bb)
      MP: $6.52 (130.4 bb)
      CO: $4.83 (96.6 bb)
      BTN: $0.99 (19.8 bb)
      SB: $2.53 (50.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q J
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.77) 6 Q Q (3 players)
      BB bets $0.57, Hero calls $0.57, MP folds

Turn: ($1.91) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.91) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.43, Hero folds

$1.91 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: 6 Q Q 3 9
      BB mucked and won $1.82 ($1 net)
      Hero mucked Q J and lost (-$0.82 net)

Villain is unknown

PF: I called min3-bet from BB because of the implied odds I'm getting and playing IP v him. I wouldn't mind a call from MP as well to bump up my odds

Flop: I think there is value in raising especially against his strong range which reps JJ+.. I decided to take a more passive line as his range might also contain AQ and AK which has me beat or will fold to my raise respectively. I don't really put him on a FD though, maybe only AKs. Basically try to keep his bluffing and value range in.

Turn: I checked behind to for pot control under-repping my hand

River: Okay so I f**ked up on this. It's an easy call once I x the Turn. But I was so focused on writing a note on him that I forgot that Ipoker only had 10s to make a decision before getting auto-folded. And f**k my life. Maybe I was beat, but I think unlikely.

Personally, I felt I played this bad. Firstly, I could have raised flop and be able to extract value from KK & AA. I guess only AQ will own me. Secondly, I should have bet on Turn after his check for value and to get a feel of his range. Thirdly, damn myself for not remembering about e 10s rule.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS

Preflop: calling is fine given the odds.

Postflop: I'd just raise the flop here. Ak beats us?

There are far more combos of AK, KK, AA than AQ (AQ is a total of 4 combos) so I'd be wanting to get my money in here asap, especially since he only has 56 BBs.

I thought you folded the river on purpose and I was ready to write a book on how "bad" that was. At least you made a mistake with the timeout so that's fine.

The river should in fact be a shove in my opinion. If he bets AK like that he may even call that and KK/AA and even JJ won't fold.

But as played I'd actually bet the turn (if we don't raise flop).