Stats

• Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Can somebody tell me the perfect ( or at least very good ) stats for a cash game player who is playing TAG style? In other words, how should somebody's stats be so that, on the long term, he would have an average of 7bb/100 or more... Tx !
  • 6 replies
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      Nobody...?!?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You really think that all it takes for a 7bb winrate is knowing a few stats?
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      I am not a great cash player, but stats are not something to get too worried about IMO, play a good range in position and your stats will even out for the game (HU, 6max, FR).

If you are too tight or too loose you will not achieve the desired win rate, play with ranges and get good post flop and the win rate will come.

If you want to look at some stats then look at PTR and see where you fit amongst others playing your game/stakes.

Good Luck :)
    • Rahica
      Rahica
      Bronze
      No man, but I think that all I need in the micros to have a 7bb win rate is to have an extra solid game. I think I do have a pretty solid game for this limits, I just have to find out where do I lose money ( because obviously I am not doing 7bb/100 ) in order to get my win rate up to 7bb/100.

It's not important to KNOW the stats, it's important to HAVE the stats...
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      If you are using HEM you can look through their articles to see the optimum numbers in them. But yea I don't mean to come off across as a dick but I'm sure you have way more leaks than just not having optimal ranges in spots.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Rahica
      Can somebody tell me the perfect ( or at least very good ) stats for a cash game player who is playing TAG style? In other words, how should somebody's stats be so that, on the long term, he would have an average of 7bb/100 or more... Tx !
      Stats follow your play.
      Your play should not be aimed at achieving certain stats.

Your vpip should be based on:
        Your position
        Action before you
        Stats of players still to act
        Your cards

Nothing external to the hand being played should ever enter into your considerations.
      Hmmm.... You may want to occasionally do something out-of-ordinary to throw off your opponents who may be getting to know your style of play.
      I guess that could be considered "external to the hand being played".

If you consider the PokerStrategy.com open-raising ranges in Equilab, and followed the "standard" ranges, you would have a PFR of 22.2 shorthanded, but only 16.1 if you followed the "tight" ranges.

Depending on who is behind me, I swing all the way from v loose to squeaky tight.

I'll swing between super-aggro to doormat passive depending on how the other players are playing.

The stats even out in the end.

*Note:
      I play NL 10, and swing up and down a bunch.