Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 2:club: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond: Q:heart: 4:heart:
      BB bets 4.3 BB, Hero raises to 12.9 BB, BB calls 8.6 BB

Turn: (30.3 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 21.6 BB, BB calls 21.6 BB

River: (73.5 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 73.7 BB and is all-in, BB calls 73.7 BB

BB shows Q:diamond: 8:club: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 64%, Flop 26%, Turn 13%)
      Hero shows 2:club: Q:club: (Full House, Queens full of Twos) (Pre 36%, Flop 74%, Turn 88%)
      Hero wins 210.9 BB

90 hands, 41 VPiP, 16 PFR. donk 4/10 times.

I saw him couple of times open raising 8BB. once I saw him playing crazy, but dont remember exactly, so I see him as aggresive fish.

Is my raise flop ok for value? Is river appropriate overbet push? He calls with any Qx, or set. Very likely here fd. So maybe even small bet on river for bluff induce? Maybe he pushes with missed fd, and he pushes anyway with any Qx, or set?

P.S.
      I asked couple of times about my flop raise with made hands. Again I had overbet push on river, which is bad. Last 3 times with set I did larger raise, they folded all 3 times. Now I tried again and he calls. And when they come to river, they dont like folding, as I see they dont care much what I could have.
      Should I continue trying raising larger flop so I can have confortable river push?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks good

Postflop: A lot of reg looking players like to donk like this (considering the situation of minraise on BTN) with Qx hands (like AQ) so raising is my preferred play by far. Size is fine too.

On the turn I'd bet slightly larger and then shove river.

Re: raise size

I think we may be results oriented slightly. In this hand you can't expect villain to not call the river shove with trips, especially after you labeled him as fishy and after the FD missed.