• Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Choose the one you like the best.
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Colinsaces

There is no correct answer to your question its all a matter of oppinion. Myself I prefer Fullring Fixed Limit over NL, as starting out you will be bound to make mistakes, at least in FL your mistakes won't cost you as much. There is more variance in playing 6 max so play FR to start. Thats not to say players won't beat you using the guidelines set out here, trust me there is no end to the bad players. You my friend are on the right path just by asking questions.

I would pick one gametype, and really commit to learning that gametype, till your beating it at a good level. I would recommend that what ever you choose make it FR and stick to the charts which you will find in the articles and watch the video's. Post as many hands in the proper forum and coaches and hand judges will evaluate your play in a non bias way.

A absolute must is sticking to the Bankroll Management guidelines here at PS. If nothing else that is the single most important thing a beginner has to learn.

Good luck in whichever you decide. Or should I say Good Skill.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      I have started building my BR with NL at full tilt and have about $200
      I am thinking about switching to fixed limit because it is less swingy and the articles intrest me.
      Is this a good idea?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      I have started building my BR with NL at full tilt and have about $200
      I am thinking about switching to fixed limit because it is less swingy and the articles intrest me.
      Is this a good idea?
      How about try it out on micro limits,ofcourse learn articles first etc.And if you like it better then NL then you can switch,otherwise you have no point.And downswings are in everywhere in poker,FL has them too,just little bit different then NL.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i have played in the microlimits and have decided to switch to FL
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FrozenRope
      Colinsaces

There is no correct answer to your question its all a matter of oppinion. Myself I prefer Fullring Fixed Limit over NL, as starting out you will be bound to make mistakes, at least in FL your mistakes won't cost you as much. There is more variance in playing 6 max so play FR to start. Thats not to say players won't beat you using the guidelines set out here, trust me there is no end to the bad players. You my friend are on the right path just by asking questions.

I would pick one gametype, and really commit to learning that gametype, till your beating it at a good level. I would recommend that what ever you choose make it FR and stick to the charts which you will find in the articles and watch the video's. Post as many hands in the proper forum and coaches and hand judges will evaluate your play in a non bias way.

A absolute must is sticking to the Bankroll Management guidelines here at PS. If nothing else that is the single most important thing a beginner has to learn.

Good luck in whichever you decide. Or should I say Good Skill.

Very good answer. Listen to him, he knows what he is talking about.
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      FL is far more swingy than NL!