[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - vs unknown fish.

• 10 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      I assume UTG is a fish given his stacksize and his minraise from utg...
      Do we have any info on him?

If he is an unknown fish, I really like the iso3bet preflop, sizing is good as well.
      Postflop I'd just ch/fold, we dont know what he would fold on this board to a cbet, plus we dont have any equity.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

Preflop looks fine to isolate the fish IP with high cards.

Postflop: I'd check back here and go for a delayed cbet. Given our equity in the hand and low/connected board we may not have enough FE (and we really know nothing about villain).

If we check back and he checks again we can try to take the pot away (especially on a higher card). If he bets we can fold.

As played what's your plan when called? I'd assume you are just giving up UI.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmmm; he could still have lots of random overcards and it's fine when he folds flop with it right?

I also believe we don't have great FE with a delayed CB vs a fish since it looks bluffy... I believe he'd call a lot of Ahi's then

If he calls I give up. Unless I hit obv :P .

But another advantage to a CB OTF is that we see the river for free
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hmmm; he could still have lots of random overcards and it's fine when he folds flop with it right?

I also believe we don't have great FE with a delayed CB vs a fish since it looks bluffy... I believe he'd call a lot of Ahi's then

If he calls I give up. Unless I hit obv :P .

But another advantage to a CB OTF is that we see the river for free
      Sure, but until proven otherwise I'd assume the fish to be more cally and may not even fold Ax or small pairs to one bet and since we can't fire many turn cards I prefer to check back.

Those overcards you want to fold on the flop can fold to a delay cbet often anyway. And some small PPs. Of course I wouldn't necessarily bet another card that pairs the board.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      He probably isn't folding much here so I probably like checking back. If I do decide to bet here vs a fish, I don't ever bet that big. I just think he has too many pairs he wont fold.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Would you bet if we had a spade or doesn't that change much?

Would you bet with AJ, AQ... ?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Bogdan I also bet pretty big to be sure he folds Ax on the flop.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Yes with a spade we can barrel on more turns, I would be more likely to bet on T52 or J52 or 952 so we could turn some str8 outs. Honestly betting 1/2 pot here most likely gets him to fold A high and air. no need to bet so big.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Ty clear!

Can u exept my friend req? :D . I'll add you on skype then if u don't mind
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Would you bet if we had a spade or doesn't that change much?

Would you bet with AJ, AQ... ?
      As serverm pointed out with a spade we can bet more cards on the turn with equity (rather than just bluffing them without equity).

I think the bet, slightly larger than pot size is fine. Too small may induce too many calls/raises.