[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - 33 on BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $39.50 (79 bb)
      Hero (BB): $54.27 (108.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $65.17 (130.3 bb)
      UTG+2: $69.63 (139.3 bb)
      MP1: $62.62 (125.2 bb)
      MP2: $62.24 (124.5 bb)
      MP3: $55.67 (111.3 bb)
      CO: $56.96 (113.9 bb)
      BTN: $49.25 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 3
      UTG+1 raises to $1, UTG+2 calls $1, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.25) Q 3 A (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $4.81, UTG+1 calls $3.81

Turn: ($12.87) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: ($12.87) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $9.50, Hero raises to $28.50, UTG+1 folds

Results:
      $31.87 pot ($1.75 rake)
      Final Board: Q 3 A 9 A
      Hero mucked 3 3 and won $30.12 ($14.81 net)
      UTG+1 mucked and lost (-$15.31 net)

Stats: VPIP: 69, PFR: 23, 3B: 19, AF: 2,8, Hands: 106

lol Didn't realize the amount of hands I played with this player.

Flop raise for value and protection.
      Turn check because of club (on such a flop I thought an A would have raised), bluff inducer in case I'm wrong, due to his playstyle, and in case I'm right and he has the flush, at least I see the river for my 10 outs instead of getting blasted by a raise.
      Check/Raise (my 1st one in the history with FH, thx to someone else's hand evaluation I read yesterday!) on river due to obvious FH value, and he would have called with an A maybe.

My doubts are on the turn obviously.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

His flop range can also contain a fair amount of Qx and Ax hands (he is PFR and cbets, although small) so I can't see why we would be afraid of just the flush on the turn so I would bet for value.

If he does raise us he will rarely do it with much else other than flush and then it comes down to the odds he gives us.

As far as the river goes I like the check again because:

A) he can bluff a missed draw (let's say a gutshot)
      B) he can bet a weaker hand like Qx (rarely)
      C) he can valuebet Ax
      D) he can valuebet a flush (slowplayed turned flush)

So overall most of his range will bet here and we can maximize value.

Alternatively, I also like an overbet shove here.

He will never fold a flush or Ax.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

His flop range can also contain a fair amount of Qx and Ax hands (he is PFR and cbets, although small) so I can't see why we would be afraid of just the flush on the turn so I would bet for value.

If he does raise us he will rarely do it with much else other than flush and then it comes down to the odds he gives us.

C) he can valuebet Ax

I was mostly afraid of the flush because usually when these players (in my italian room) bet small like that on a FD flop is because they actually have the FD and they want to see it cheaply, and being afraid of bet vs missed cbet and bluffs and the like, they bet it small, a bit like a blockbet.
      When they have pairs they usually bet a LOT and overplay especially on FD flops.
      Therefore his call really really felt like a FD.

Anyway, if I bet turn, what do we do on the river?
      Do we still bet? I we do, what size?
      Let's say we bet $8 on turn, the pot on river would be $28.87 and we would have around $40 left.

I feel like checking would lead too many times to him checking behind on such a spot, except if he has Ax or Flush, in which case he would anyway call our bet, or even raise it. So I'd go for a bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

C) he can valuebet Ax

I was mostly afraid of the flush because usually when these players (in my italian room) bet small like that on a FD flop is because they actually have the FD and they want to see it cheaply, and being afraid of bet vs missed cbet and bluffs and the like, they bet it small, a bit like a blockbet.
      When they have pairs they usually bet a LOT and overplay especially on FD flops.
      Therefore his call really really felt like a FD.

Anyway, if I bet turn, what do we do on the river?
      Do we still bet? I we do, what size?
      Let's say we bet $8 on turn, the pot on river would be $28.87 and we would have around $40 left.

I feel like checking would lead too many times to him checking behind on such a spot, except if he has Ax or Flush, in which case he would anyway call our bet, or even raise it. So I'd go for a bet.
      However with a check (and a check behind from him) we lose value from pairs and pairs+draws. So we give clubs a free river card (like he may check back ATc, AJc, etc). Those are hands that we can get two more streets of value from.

And to answer your question, on the river we can still bet fold versus a passive guy (of course not with a full house). We can bet 1/2 pot or so (although on the turn I'd bet more like $7)
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      You guys drive me nuts with how scared you play your sets when a possible flush is on the board. Just b/f, you get value from plenty of hands and if he has a flush he will raise and you can fold.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Thank you people this helps me a lot.
      <3