This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - QQ on MP1

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP1): $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $31.95 (63.9 bb)
      MP3: $50.56 (101.1 bb)
      CO: $68.49 (137 bb)
      BTN: $52.47 (104.9 bb)
      SB: $58.06 (116.1 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $57.28 (114.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q Q
      UTG+2 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) T 5 5 (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $3.72, UTG+2 calls $3.72

Turn: ($12.69) 8 (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.69) Q (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $7, UTG+2 raises to $21, Hero raises to $44.03 and is all-in, UTG+2 folds

Results:
      $54.69 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 5 8 Q
      Hero mucked Q Q and won $51.69 ($24.72 net)
      UTG+2 mucked and lost (-$26.97 net)

Stats: VPIP: 19, PFR: 7, 3B: 3, AF: 1,9, Hands: 3331

PF Isolation raise
      Flop standard CBet
      Turn I don't know why the heck I didn't value bet, I must analyze this weird thinking on tables I started to develop on NL50

Lucky river, and an absurd fold from him.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

I agree with you that the turn should be a valuebet.

On the river why do you think it's an absurd fold from him?

He's most likely raising a very polarized range of 5x+ or nothing. And since we checked the turn on a scare card and bet close to 1/2 we may have induced a bluff (which is good).
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

He's most likely raising a very polarized range of 5x+ or nothing. And since we checked the turn on a scare card and bet close to 1/2 we may have induced a bluff (which is good).
      Well for me it's an absurd fold because I don't really see him bluffing (I know the player), with that XR on river he invested more than half a stack, he has to call 46BB for 200BB, while probably having as you said 5x+... I don't see it so smart.

But I mostly said it out of surprise, really, 'cos when they put in the pot more than 20 euros I don't recall them folding, ever.
      This said, I know it's not that absurd, especially if he actually bluffed.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

Well for me it's an absurd fold because I don't really see him bluffing (I know the player), with that XR on river he invested more than half a stack, he has to call 46BB for 200BB, while probably having as you said 5x+... I don't see it so smart.

But I mostly said it out of surprise, really, 'cos when they put in the pot more than 20 euros I don't recall them folding, ever.
      This said, I know it's not that absurd, especially if he actually bluffed.
      Yeh, I understand what you mean but I do feel that he can bluff at times given our line.

I mean, what do we represent on that river when we bet? What do we bet/call or bet/shove there?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      b/f turn here all day erry day.