MP: $5.01
      CO: $1.86
      BTN: $2.20
      SB: $2.55
      Hero (BB): $3.25
      UTG: $2.61

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:diamond: 6:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 6:club: 4:heart: 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.18, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.17, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.58, Hero calls $0.58

River: ($2.33, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

CO shows A:club: Q:spade: (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 74%, Flop 15%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: 6:spade: (Full House, Fives full of Sixes) (Pre 26%, Flop 85%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $2.18

Villain steals often so I attempted a light cbet. I flop top pair on a board which totally misses his range except overpairs and get raised. Should I automatically put him on a overpair here? I believe that half of the time he's bluffing here so I call, furthermore I have 5 outs to improve to two pair or trips. On the turn it was the same reasoning. River I intend to c/c a ridiculously small bet, otherwise c/f.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop, if we go for a 3bet, I'd make it $0.22.

Postflop it depends on what we know about villain, but I'd just bet/fold the flop and don't put myself into tough spots, where we are only guessing and hoping our guesses to be right.

Best,
      Plamen
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tommy,

Preflop: Considering villain is short why do we 3-bet bluff him with a weak hand?

I'd assume that short villains are a bit more fishy and call too much so I wouldn't 3-bet bluff with no information

Postflop: As played I'd bet/fold the flop.

You have no reason to believe that he can bluff here other than a guess. And while it's true that he would call some pairs certain players definitely raise PPs as well.

If we had a big PP I'd never fold either because we then beat part of his value range as well and are not just hoping he is bluffing.