[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - AA on MP3 hilarious hand of double /facepalm

• AtrociousNightmare
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $40.86 (81.7 bb)
      BTN: $48.97 (97.9 bb)
      SB: $49 (98 bb)
      BB: $51.20 (102.4 bb)
      UTG+1: $20.88 (41.8 bb)
      UTG+2: $53.25 (106.5 bb)
      MP1: $82.99 (166 bb)
      MP2: $37 (74 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $63.22 (126.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A A
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) T J 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.21, BTN calls $3.21

Turn: ($10.67) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7, Hero raises to $25.06, BTN raises to $44.01 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.95

River: ($98.69) 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

$98.69 pot ($3.00 rake)
      Final Board: T J 7 6 7
      BTN mucked T K and lost (-$48.97 net)
      Hero showed A A and won $95.69 ($46.72 net)

Stats: VPIP: 44, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 9

And a mind boggling one for the last hand.

1st of all, read carefully the stats I had at that time.
      PF & Flop: Standard IMO
      Turn: here is where I started thinking of the impossible. Due to the duality of what I usually would think and what I thought in that moment, I will write in a particular format now. First I write what I thought in that moment in CURSIV, then I write what I should have thought, in BOLD text.

DAMN 6h! Now every SD and FD closed, but I still have outs against both, therefore I really want to see the river. JT would have probably raised me on flop, so I exclude it. Let's think of what I will achieve with a bet or a check. (after bold text)

6h, doesn't close any SD, 89 would have had a straight anyway already on the flop. FDs close, but I have some outs against them anyway. JT would have probably raised me on flop, so I exclude it. Let's think of what I will achieve with a bet or a check.

What do I achieve with a bet?
      Flushes/Straights will raise me and I will do a cry call because of my nut flush outs and because even other things would have raised me. Jx would probably not call me again, nor any worse hand than that like Tx.

What do I achieve with a bet?
      Flushes will call puttig me in an ugly spot on river in case I don't get a h, 89 straight would raise me (or call me maybe), Jx would probably not call me again, nor any worse hand than that like Tx.

Do I want to Check/Call or Check/Raise? [didn't even think about Check/Fold]
      If I check, I give him a nice opportunity to bluff, however he will bet with a straight or flush as well so I'd have to call in ANY case.
      I don't want to face a river like that so I'll raise the hell out of him, and maybe he'll fold a straight
      (lol madness got me there, I also remember making some reason to raise a bluff)

Do I want to Check/Call, Check/Raise or Check/Fold?
      Check/Fold doesn't really feel great because too many times he will bluff in this spot, or find strange value bets (in his opinion) which shouldn't be there.
      Check/Raise isolates me against better hands and will make all bluffs fold and probably any other weaker hand, leaving me with just 7 outs against Flushes, or 9 against straights. Remote possibility of him folding straight.
      Check/Calls catches bluffs and value from weaker hands in case he decides to bet them and lets me see the river in case he has better (and keeps the pot smaller), which could bring nice things to me.

So let's Check/Raise! w00t!

So let's Check/Call.

Despite my madness, he decides to get even madder than me and raise all-in my XR with 2ndpair2ndkicker no backdoor, which I lol'd at and got my stack.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      Your writing in bold makes sense imo.

I would sometimes not even cbet this flop against the right type of opponent that barrels too much but the standard of cbetting here for value is fine.

On the turn, your hand goes down in value because he has better hands and you, yourself have better hands in your range such as AhKh. Value betting becomes a lot thinner because of this and you also check/fold this turn quite often imo if you cbet a hand such as AQ with diamonds. AhAx is a great bluffcatcher to have here. You beat bluffs and some value bets like you've mentioned.

River you just reevaluate. Most pairs check back and some bluffs see 4 to a flush and go bonkers, while they give up on non-flush river.