$27.65
      MP3:
      $10.80
      CO:
      $8.97
      BU:
      $4.78

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 5, 6, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.65) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.31, Hero calls $0.31.

River: ($1.27) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $1.27.

Results follow:

CO shows a pair of sixes(Kd Qs).
      Hero shows two pairs, sixes and threes(3h 3s).

Hero wins with two pairs, sixes and threes(3h 3s).

I have no reads on Villain, my question to this hand is - my stomach feeling simply told me that if he would have had the flush he would bet higher and probably also bet on the flop, if he had overpair he would bet the flop and considering his preflop play the only hands I could see him having considering the fact that he checked back on the flop is high cards; QJ-AK. Raising is imo not an option, but checking I think is because of my reasoning above.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling is fine.

On the flop checking is good.

As played on the flop, I don't mind check/calling the turn, but then what's the plan for the river? On which cards are we going to check/call again and on which we are going to give up?

Best,
      Plamen
    • Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze
      Thank you for all the evaluations and your time :)

I'm not at the point yet where I plan ahead what to do if/or next street so I don't really think about that >.<

I'm thinking more in the lines of: Do I want to play this hands against my opponent(s); How can I gain value/loose as little as possible with this hand right now. I could probably improve my game a lot by trying to think ahead, but right now I'm focusing on remember what has happened previous streets.

Do you have any tips on how to start of planning ahead in an easy way?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think starting to think ahead is a vital thing in order to win in this game. People who don't do this usually end up having many tough spots where they can't really take the right decision.

So, your question is good here and it puts me in a situation where I haven't searched for an exact answer.
      What first comes into my head is thinking of your opponents range - think what kind of hands could he raise preflop, then check the flop and bet the turn.

In order this exercise to be most productive I suggest doing it seriously. Just get away from everything else, just use your HEM and a notepad - take a look at his stats, right down a range that you think he is going to have on any streets (also if you give any explanations it would be good) and when you finish just post it here and we will review it together.