[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH A9s

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmm not sure about this hand.

CO is pretty fishy looking over a small sample and BU is unknown.

is my Cbet okay here vs two while i probably don't have much FE? i dont think i considered this at the time, i just thought it was standard to cbet here. also im not sure about my sizing.

on the turn should i be barreling here or giving up? feels too weak to give up..

finally.. river was really ugly even though i hit and i dont really want to be folding now. but i dont think i planned the hand well enough. maybe i should have been betting bigger on the flop and turn so that i just have a ~PSB left on the river to ship..

Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $13.26 (132.6 bb)
      MP: $24.25 (242.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $12.81 (128.1 bb)
      BB: $8.80 (88 bb)
      CO: $20.97 (209.7 bb)
      BTN: $11.09 (110.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A 9
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 4 Q 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80, BTN folds

Turn: ($3.20) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

River: ($6.40) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.30, CO raises to $18.07 and is all-in, Hero calls $5.61 and is all-in

Results:
      $26.22 pot ($1.00 rake)
      Final Board: 4 Q 4 T J
      Hero showed A 9 and won $25.22 ($12.41 net)
      CO showed 5 8 and lost (-$12.81 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is close and if you feel ok to play this OOP in a raised pot I don't mind raising, but I'd make it $0.6.
      Also, the other option is to just limp here.

I do think that cbetting is fine here, as long as you plan to bet the turn as well and I'd make it around $1.1 here.

On the turn, I'd make it just a little bit bigger - $1.9. You don't need to make it big, since it won't make huge difference in his calling range (if it makes any at all).

As played, I think bet/calling the river here is standard against a fishy guy.

Best,
      Plamen
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      finally one I can disagree with. I think flop is fine to give yourself a better prize on your bluffs here. Although it might be better to bet bigger on the flop to get him to put more money in that we can win later but in general I think .8 is good because he is either just folding or has Q and not folding.

On the turn I actually disagree with betting bigger, here against fish I like doing something weird and betting like .8-1 here, reason being is we get value from worse draws and we give us a good price to hit our flush.

On the river my plan is to x/decide if I don't hit my flush, maybe hero call if i have reads on him.
      But when you do hit don't ever x here because we want to get value from his Q. After you bet I think you just have to sigh call because he can have worse flushes.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello serverm07,

The idea for betting smaller on the turn is interesting but I don't think we'd have any FE against his hands but I think that if we bet $1.8 he will have hard time calling with his PP and even some A highs, against which we won't know how to play on the river.