[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - T9o on BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+2: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      MP1: $55.96 (111.9 bb)
      MP2: $47.75 (95.5 bb)
      MP3: $76.48 (153 bb)
      CO: $238.27 (476.5 bb)
      BTN: $13.99 (28 bb)
      SB: $62.23 (124.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $61.93 (123.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 T
      4 folds, CO raises to $1, BTN calls $1, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($4) 4 K 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($8) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($8) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.78, CO calls $3.78

Results:
      $15.56 pot ($0.85 rake)
      Final Board: 4 K 9 K A
      CO mucked 4 5 and lost (-$6.78 net)
      Hero showed 9 T and won $14.71 ($7.93 net)

Stats: VPIP: 35, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 1,9, Hands: 91

I know it's a bit of a marginal call PF but the players were terribad, so I decided to take a chance.
      On the flop I called 'cos I had many reads on him regarding CBets.

My doubts come on the river, does a value bet make sense there?
      Is it too probable that he has an A there?
  • 6 replies
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Bump? xD
      This got unnoticed xP
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey,

Sorry about these hands that didn't get a response. We've managed to miss them somehow.

Preflop: I don't mind calling a min raise there 4 way but we are purely looking for 2p+

Postflop: What reads did you have about his cbet? Those are very important here.

By default I'd fold there but with reads it could be different.

The river is also dependent on your reads. He could have lots of Ax that bluff flop there and we split versus all 9x. So only value we have in betting is from 4x, 55-88. And villain may even check turn with TT-QQ so the valuebet is a bit thin.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hey,

Sorry about these hands that didn't get a response. We've managed to miss them somehow.

Preflop: I don't mind calling a min raise there 4 way but we are purely looking for 2p+

Postflop: What reads did you have about his cbet? Those are very important here.

By default I'd fold there but with reads it could be different.

The river is also dependent on your reads. He could have lots of Ax that bluff flop there and we split versus all 9x. So only value we have in betting is from 4x, 55-88. And villain may even check turn with TT-QQ so the valuebet is a bit thin.
      He CBets 80%, but 100% on this texture, regardless of the number of players (I actually have even the feeling that he likes to bet vs multiple players, but don't take that in account).
      His steal from CO is also very big, and he's a loose player overall.
      That's why I decided to stay in with my pair.

On his check behind on the turn I exclude he has a K.
      At this point nothing much is left in his range that beats my 9, and if he has a better 9, or even TT or JJ, I might making him fold them with my Bet on river A.
      The only problem is if he actually has that A.
      Given favorable situations to be more than the bad ones, and given the fact I didn't want him to bluff me out on the A (I'd have folded his bet there), I decided to Bet/fold myself.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      He does have a fair amount of Ax in his range if he bets a lot on the flop (as you said) but our bluff only has to work 33% of the time. I doubt though that he folds that many better hands, he just folds hands that might bluff us.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      He does have a fair amount of Ax in his range if he bets a lot on the flop (as you said) but our bluff only has to work 33% of the time. I doubt though that he folds that many better hands, he just folds hands that might bluff us.
      Hmmm so close call?
      Also, could you tell me how you quickly calculate that 33%?
      My mind is a bit off atm.

Oh and btw no problem for the unanswered hands, I don't even know how you manage to answer to so many of them everyday. Crazy!
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Hmmm so close call?
      Also, could you tell me how you quickly calculate that 33%?
      My mind is a bit off atm.

Oh and btw no problem for the unanswered hands, I don't even know how you manage to answer to so many of them everyday. Crazy!
      Sure, that 33% comes from the fact that we bet 2 to win 4.

So the division we make is simple 2/ (4+2) or 2/6 which is 1/3 or 33%.

So if we bet pot it would be 50%. 3/4 of the pot would be 43% (3/7) and so on.

The numbers you can remember are 1/2 = 33% FE required, 1/1 = 50% and everything else is in between.