[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - 96s on BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $69.56 (139.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $55.31 (110.6 bb)
      CO: $55.35 (110.7 bb)
      BTN: $10.22 (20.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 6
      CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) 2 8 7 (3 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.46, BTN raises to $7.42, SB calls $5.92, Hero calls $2.96

Turn: ($23.76) A (3 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, BTN calls $2.30

River: ($31.06) 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $31.06 pot ($1.70 rake)
      Final Board: 2 8 7 A 8
      SB showed 9 T and won $0.38 (-$10.04 net)
      Hero mucked 9 6 and lost (-$10.42 net)
      BTN showed T T and won $28.98 ($18.76 net)

SB Stats: VPIP: 58, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 2,8, Hands: 264
      BU Stats: VPIP: 43, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,3, Hands: 14

On flop I try to push 'em out or isolate, failling, the rest of the hand is all about pot odds.
  • 6 replies
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Bump? xD
      This got unnoticed xP
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      What's SB's range for leading pot there in your opinion? Is it strong, weak, mediocre? What about when your raise? What do you look like? What does that in consequence say about BU's range?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      What's SB's range for leading pot there in your opinion? Is it strong, weak, mediocre? What about when your raise? What do you look like? What does that in consequence say about BU's range?
      SB could be on any pair, if with the 2 then maybe just A2, K2, Q2, could also be on a SD but a lil less likely since i've got the OESD.

After I raise BU 3Bets and he's loose passive so I assume he got some two pairs+, or TT+? (I don't see TT-JJ raising so much tho)
      SB calls, which is weird unless he has monster like sets, which at this point after so much action are rly possible, or the rare overcalled SD.

As I said I called just because of odds, and despite the chance of being dominated by an unlikely T9, I assumed I could have got lots of money out of overpairs and sets.

However, T9 was there.

P.S. Sorry for the late answer, I've been busy (and will be until 6th) with IRL events. So I'll be inconsistent in my studies and work for these days.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think, SB doesn't lead weak there for pot. You might still have FE with the raise but then think of this: BU 3bets and SB is still in the pot. That's now definitely an above average range.

This can be good or bad: bad because you have only the straight outs and good if you have implied odds. I actually don't like raising flop because I think SB doesn't lead to fold to begin with so you have no folding equity. I think you will do better being quite honest here while drawing to a very good straight.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think, SB doesn't lead weak there for pot. You might still have FE with the raise but then think of this: BU 3bets and SB is still in the pot. That's now definitely an above average range.

This can be good or bad: bad because you have only the straight outs and good if you have implied odds. I actually don't like raising flop because I think SB doesn't lead to fold to begin with so you have no folding equity. I think you will do better being quite honest here while drawing to a very good straight.
      Nice point.
      What if he leads small tho?
      Is raise valid in that case?

Also, wouldn't a call be out of odds vs a pot size?
      Even if the other one calls...
      We should be very certain of our implied, no?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Small lead = more folding equity in my opinion.

Vs a potsize lead you sort of get the odds to call since you can bluff later and have implied odds vs SB but I definitely don't think raising is great vs a passive player leading for pot.