This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 AA vs Flop Raise From Weirdo

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $20.84 (104.2 bb)
      CO: $24.08 (120.4 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25.56 (127.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.60, CO calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.30) 4 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, CO raises to $8.80, Hero?????

Ok, so it's an Anon Table. Not too much info on villain, he seemed a little weird and aggro by some of his sizings, and kept opening 4x from all positions, so I hadn't got to see many showdowns or post flop play from him as everyone was just folding to him. He probably viewed me as a standard TAG, I hadn't done anything too wacky. I wanted to bump up the pot pre-flop obviously especially versus his 4x open so I go to $2.60 (maybe that's a standard size considering his bet though?) and he flats.

Not the greatest flop but I lead out for my standard 1/2 pot bet in 3-bet pots and he raises. Now if he had a set here, would he really raise on a pretty dry board? As I said, I don't have really any post flop reads on him so what's the best line here? Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

im not folding 120bb deep in a 3b pot thats for sure.

1) Call:
      + Allows him to continue bluffing
      - you rep a made hand

2) Click it back minreraise:
      + Allows you to rep a bluff
      - He may just shutdown and fold

the more flop raising dynamic you have against him, the more i prefer clicking it back. i dont like making a huge 3bet on this dry flop.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi.

im not folding 120bb deep in a 3b pot thats for sure.

1) Call:
      + Allows him to continue bluffing
      - you rep a made hand

2) Click it back minreraise:
      + Allows you to rep a bluff
      - He may just shutdown and fold

the more flop raising dynamic you have against him, the more i prefer clicking it back. i dont like making a huge 3bet on this dry flop.

Ok thanks. I just snap shoved with maximum speed! Clicking it back would commit me anyway, right? He called and flipped over 45:diamond: which was great! Just wanted to check I didn't make a mistake.

Cheers