[NL20-NL50] nl20 AA vs Flop Raise From Weirdo

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $20.84 (104.2 bb)
      CO: $24.08 (120.4 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25.56 (127.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.60, CO calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.30) 4 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.60, CO raises to $8.80, Hero?????

Ok, so it's an Anon Table. Not too much info on villain, he seemed a little weird and aggro by some of his sizings, and kept opening 4x from all positions, so I hadn't got to see many showdowns or post flop play from him as everyone was just folding to him. He probably viewed me as a standard TAG, I hadn't done anything too wacky. I wanted to bump up the pot pre-flop obviously especially versus his 4x open so I go to $2.60 (maybe that's a standard size considering his bet though?) and he flats.

Not the greatest flop but I lead out for my standard 1/2 pot bet in 3-bet pots and he raises. Now if he had a set here, would he really raise on a pretty dry board? As I said, I don't have really any post flop reads on him so what's the best line here? Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

im not folding 120bb deep in a 3b pot thats for sure.

1) Call:
      + Allows him to continue bluffing
      - you rep a made hand

2) Click it back minreraise:
      + Allows you to rep a bluff
      - He may just shutdown and fold

the more flop raising dynamic you have against him, the more i prefer clicking it back. i dont like making a huge 3bet on this dry flop.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      hi.

im not folding 120bb deep in a 3b pot thats for sure.

1) Call:
      + Allows him to continue bluffing
      - you rep a made hand

2) Click it back minreraise:
      + Allows you to rep a bluff
      - He may just shutdown and fold

the more flop raising dynamic you have against him, the more i prefer clicking it back. i dont like making a huge 3bet on this dry flop.

Ok thanks. I just snap shoved with maximum speed! Clicking it back would commit me anyway, right? He called and flipped over 45:diamond: which was great! Just wanted to check I didn't make a mistake.

Cheers