[NL2-NL10] AA vs. squeeze

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0,02/$0,05
      PokerStars
      9 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - Hero ($10,98)
      UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($4,00)
      UTG+2 - UTG+2 ($5,00)
      MP - MP ($16,59)
      MP2 - MP2 ($7,87)
      CO - CO ($11,56)
      BTN - BTN ($19,17)
      SB - SB ($5,69)
      BB - BB ($2,00)

Preflop: ($0,07, 9 players) Hero is UTG with Ac As
      Hero raises to $0,15, 5 folds, BTN calls $0,15, SB raises to $0,70, 1 fold, Hero?

My question is how I in general should play AA against a squeeze to get the most value.
  • 3 replies
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      I would usually go for a raise there. Get as many chips as possible in the middle preflop.

Standard raise is good since if you flat the guy behind you is getting good odds for to call with a range of hands. Also you prefer to iso raise with your Aces and not play a pot vs two opponents.

Nick
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      I would usually go for a raise there. Get as many chips as possible in the middle preflop.

Standard raise is good since if you flat the guy behind you is getting good odds for to call with a range of hands. Also you prefer to iso raise with your Aces and not play a pot vs two opponents.

Nick
      Yeah when I think about it, that seems like the only move that really makes sense, don't know what I was thinking :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi JcSeerup,

Preflop: Considering that we don't know anything from the opponents I'd favor the 4-bet here.

There are more reasons why we should 4-bet and look to get it in:

A) We have the most amazing preflop hand in poker
      B) SB is squeezing vs an UTG range so he may be really strong which means we can cooler him
      C) BTN is really deep with us so if we 4-bet he may call really light to try and hit.