This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 57s 4 way

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 192.5 BB
      Hero (SB): 248.7 BB
      BB: 48.8 BB
      UTG: 64.4 BB
      MP: 48 BB
      CO: 26.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:club: 7:club:

UTG raises to 2 BB, MP calls 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 1.5 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (10 BB, 5 players) 4:club: 6:spade: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets 3 BB, fold, MP raises to 6 BB, fold, Hero calls 6 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (28 BB, 3 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets 16 BB, Hero calls 16 BB, BB calls 16 BB

River: (76 BB, 3 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets 24 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 24 BB, fold

Hero shows 5:club: 7:club: (Straight, Seven High) (Pre 20%, Flop 97%, Turn 91%)
      MP mucks 9:diamond: 9:heart: (Two Pair, Nines and Fours) (Pre 80%, Flop 3%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins 117.8 BB

Is it too bad to call flop? I wanted to keep more players in game, raise would be too strong in 4way pot.

Fold turn? I was hoping on river that they both have overcards.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: Considering that everyone is on the shorter side I don't like our call as much.

Postflop: Calling on the flop to let some overcards join the party is fine but why are we just calling the turn?

We can get a lot of value from overpairs and certain draws and if they have a boat we lose the money often anyway.