[NL2-NL10] NL 5 ZOOM Straight v straight

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Opening very wide my btn since I found I can exploit most players. Profitable to miraise any two over 25k hands (as long as people dont adjust).

I feel in this spot I can get paid from many sets, and two pairs. My straight is well disguised. People in these limits when they push like this they "have it" or at least they think they do.

Good call?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $6.58 (131.6 bb)
      SB: $5.99 (119.8 bb)
      BB: $2.50 (50 bb)
      UTG: $7.04 (140.8 bb)
      MP: $2.63 (52.6 bb)
      CO: $5.99 (119.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 3 7
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.22) 4 5 Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.46) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.46) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.28 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.28

Results:
      $5.02 pot ($0.21 rake)
      Final Board: 4 5 Q 2 6
      Hero showed 3 7 and lost (-$2.50 net)
      BB showed 7 8 and won $4.81 ($2.31 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elchipriota,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I'd cbet larger (1 time) but other than that it looks good.

He can shove worse straights (3x) and even badly played sets/TP or missed draws.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Elchipriota,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I'd cbet larger (1 time) but other than that it looks good.

He can shove worse straights (3x) and even badly played sets/TP or missed draws.
      Preflop I think it's villain dependent whether you can open any two or not.

Postflop: this is just terrible advice to bet bigger. Your sizing is perfect, just make sure to cbet same with your monsters though.

On the turn we have few options here I think checking back to realize our equity is good, I also think betting is good depending on how wide he defends preflop with the plan off firing the river on a K/A/3/ and maybe J.

Also we can do an "advanced" play here and overbet the turn to try to get everything but Q fold and then only fire river when we hit. I don't know if this guy is a reg or a recreational player but I think this play can be good because it will look like we are targeting his stack and he will likely fold everything except like QT/QJ/QK unless he is a huge fish then i dont like this play and just check back.

So basically check back turn vs huge fish that won't fold any pair to realize equity. triple barrel vs tag nitty regs that will call twice and fold river too much.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Thanks serverm07,

I like the overbetting the turn, unfortunately the player was an unknown and I didnt have any reads that he was defending wide.