[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] C-bet in 3 opponents

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2 (100 bb)
      MP: $6.12 (306 bb)
      Hero (CO): $2.07 (103.5 bb)
      BTN: $3.89 (194.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2 2
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BTN calls $0.07, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.28) Q Q A (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, 3 folds

I think it's hard for the villains to hit something playable (even if they hit a small ace, they might fold it too on such a board), and they should assume that the PFR will hit this bord very often.

Also there are no OESD, and a FD might also consider folding given the paired board.

What do you think?

It's not standard, especially with an opponent behind us, but it seems to be scary enough to generate good FE. Finally, we still have some equity against a FD :f_biggrin:

PS: BU is fishy, and the rest are pretty average.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: So a villain plays Ax preflop to hit TP on the flop and fold?

I really doubt that.

We've had a similar hand where you bet into multiple guys. I recommend the same exercise. Open equilab, run some simulations and looks at range distributions.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I tried, but it doesn't work :) Every ace (and there are many aces) gives 2P. So it's a more conceptual question, are they folding small aces here or not?

Well, if you're saying that they don't, I'll trust you on this :) I thought that they fold, because I personally though I would fold something like As5s here.

...Thinking about this again, actually maybe I would call one street with A5, especially IP, especially if the PFR cbets a lot. Just to see what he's gonna do on the turn and to try to float him if possible.

Btw, is it fine? Would we call with an ace if we were in their shoes?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      It really depends on the villain a lot. If he is unknown or passive guy and he bets into 4 people I'd probably let it go.

However most people, especially at these lower limits won't call an Ax hand preflop just to hit TP and let it go.