[NL2-NL10] [Nl2 Sh] Delayed c-bet failed

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.31 (165.5 bb)
      SB: $4.42 (221 bb)
      BB: $6.03 (301.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
      CO: $1.83 (91.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J K
      Hero raises to $0.07, 2 folds, SB calls $0.06, BB folds

Flop: ($0.16) 9 7 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

I went for a delayed c-bet on a wet board. Also in 82 hands his f2cb flop is only 25, but f2cb turn is 50. Is it relevant here? Because we are not actually c-betting on the turn.

Turn: ($0.16) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.22

I didn't think that this card helped the villain the whole lot, so I decided to raise and to make all the pairs below 9 fold. Is it convincing enough? Can we play check behind flop / raise turn?

River: ($0.76) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi German,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I wouldn't look at fold turn cbet here when going for delayed cbet. Betting twice is a lot stronger than checking once and then betting.

As played I would just fold the turn. HE can still valuebet/bet many hands with equity and we really don't represent much even to a guy that doesn't hand read well (put yourself in his shoes and ask what villain can do this with).

River bet is good to get some value from his TT/JJ and lower pairs. Maybe even A high.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      (put yourself in his shoes and ask what villain can do this with).
      Yeah, I would say "wtf are you trying to represent me here? a TP that didn't cbet and improved to trips?", just the way I did when he donked :) I would definitely call with anything I betted, apart from when I betted with air (that I rarely do).

I think he had a FD / gutshot or 7x / 5x (he betted quite smallish for a 9x)

As my line doesn't make much sense to me, I decided that something is screwed up and posted it here :)

Apparently what is screwed up is that our story sounds fake, apart from slowplayed set that is not very common here. Is this why we fold? Not much FE because the story we tell is crappy?

Thanks.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      (put yourself in his shoes and ask what villain can do this with).
      Yeah, I would say "wtf are you trying to represent me here? a TP that didn't cbet and improved to trips?", just the way I did when he donked :) I would definitely call with anything I betted, apart from when I betted with air (that I rarely do).

I think he had a FD / gutshot or 7x / 5x (he betted quite smallish for a 9x)

As my line doesn't make much sense to me, I decided that something is screwed up and posted it here :)

Apparently what is screwed up is that our story sounds fake, apart from slowplayed set that is not very common here. Is this why we fold? Not much FE because the story we tell is crappy?

Thanks.
      Pretty much,

Even though most people are not good at hand reading at all in these spots they will call a lot because it's rather easy to go "wth". Plus our equity is poor if called.