[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - 4b/f AK

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don't know wheter this is a good option...

Villain looks a reg but def kinda nitty over ~100 hands. This is his 2nd resteal over those 100 hands.

I think calling the 3B won't show a big profit if we assume his 3bet range will be kind of tight. I think initiative is such a big advantage in the 3bet pot that he needs more bluffs in his range to make us call AQs, AKs.

Obv villain will have some bluffs and I have the best blockerhand in the world. The guy will probably only shove QQ+, AK so I hope to make him fold all other hands.

what do you guys think? Still 4B/broke? Call the 3B?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2041527
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $134.33
      MP: $52.32
      Hero (CO): $65.89
      BTN: $50.00
      SB: $50.65
      BB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with K :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.37, 2 folds, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Don't like 4b/fold that spot. Even if player is tight he would most likely get all-in pre-flop with AK that makes 4-bet/fold imo bad option.
      Against tight player I would most likely just raise/call to see what he does postflop. Most of the times they are quite straight forward and if they for example check on low coordinated board then you can bet and take down pot most of the times (although with AK you can also check it down, although I would rather force out other AK).

best regards,
    • SherlockHolmes2ez
      SherlockHolmes2ez
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hey guys,

I don't know wheter this is a good option...

Villain looks a reg but def kinda nitty over ~100 hands. This is his 2nd resteal over those 100 hands.

I think calling the 3B won't show a big profit if we assume his 3bet range will be kind of tight. I think initiative is such a big advantage in the 3bet pot that he needs more bluffs in his range to make us call AQs, AKs.

Obv villain will have some bluffs and I have the best blockerhand in the world. The guy will probably only shove QQ+, AK so I hope to make him fold all other hands.

what do you guys think? Still 4B/broke? Call the 3B?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2041527
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $134.33
      MP: $52.32
      Hero (CO): $65.89
      BTN: $50.00
      SB: $50.65
      BB: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with K :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.37, 2 folds, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold
      AK is pretty strong hand in SH, I can't really tell that play is right or wrong, but without seeing a flop to win is nice, because AK is drawing hand at all.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

Don't like 4b/fold that spot. Even if player is tight he would most likely get all-in pre-flop with AK that makes 4-bet/fold imo bad option.
      Against tight player I would most likely just raise/call to see what he does postflop. Most of the times they are quite straight forward and if they for example check on low coordinated board then you can bet and take down pot most of the times (although with AK you can also check it down, although I would rather force out other AK).

best regards,
      Don't really get why you would call vs a pretty tight range. Then I think even 4bet/broke is better tbh. We won't hit all that much and he has initiative. Sometimes we can have reversed implieds... There aren't many situations were we dominate his kicker and win a lot.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Late position never folding here we only need 42% EQ he might have 3b bluffs and vs a range of Ako JJ+ we got 42.80% EQ. We can call his 3b but then we looses value from his JJ QQ.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yeah AKs is probably 4b/broke

AKo = 4bet/fold :) ?
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      I can't really see why you don't like to flat the 3bet. How the hell AK is good enough to 4bet/broke but not to flat the 3bet IP? Doesn't make sense.