[NL20-NL50] NL50sh- call cbet oop?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

Should we call or do people like barrel here too much?

I didn't know his turn barrel%

Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2041537
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $50.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 10, AF: 3.7, Hands: 274
      MP: $23.38 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 6.0, Hands: 293
      CO: $57.25 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 5.1, Hands: 118
      BTN: $50.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 2.0, Hands: 591
      SB: $25.45 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 39, 3B: 11, AF: 3.0, Hands: 23
      Hero (BB): $52.54 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 556267

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :club: T :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) 2 :heart: 7 :diamond: 7 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.84, Hero calls $1.84

Turn: ($6.43) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.29, Hero folds
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      On the flop itself, AT is definitely a call against his cbetting range unless you know he is super tight with open + cbet but to get an answer for next streets you need some info.

What you know so far in 120 hands is that he has a high AF so I would be a bit more inclined to think he barrels therefore calling becomes less appealing. T and A can give you implied odds but hard to say. What other hands would you check/call here OOP? How does your range look?

I think you can check/call, check/raise or check/fold ATo here but which is best is impossible to tell without knowing your opponent and/or your own ranges.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      What you know so far in 120 hands is that he has a high AF so I would be a bit more inclined to think he barrels therefore calling becomes less appealing. T and A can give you implied odds but hard to say. What other hands would you check/call here OOP? How does your range look?

I think you can check/call, check/raise or check/fold ATo here but which is best is impossible to tell without knowing your opponent and/or your own ranges.
      This is about the turn right?

When you say that he likes to barrel, you think that he'll barrel the river too? And that's why we have to check/fold turn probably?

My range will be PP's only probably after I call the turn.

Without knowing the oppo very well I guess check/fold is the safest?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      No, I meant from the flop this hand can be a check/call, check/raise or check/fold.

It's a hand that has a hard time vs 2 barrels if you are not certain of his range. He could often bluff with the best hand which is bad for you if you check/call down. It's not good to have only PPs btw, it's easy to play vs them even if you call some on the river. It's a spot where against a regular you should have some 7x that check/calls as well imo or don't check/call down almost anything. Check/raise or donk at some point.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      No, I meant from the flop this hand can be a check/call, check/raise or check/fold.

It's a hand that has a hard time vs 2 barrels if you are not certain of his range. He could often bluff with the best hand which is bad for you if you check/call down. It's not good to have only PPs btw, it's easy to play vs them even if you call some on the river. It's a spot where against a regular you should have some 7x that check/calls as well imo or don't check/call down almost anything. Check/raise or donk at some point.
      That looks like a good idea!

So check/Call flop and lead turn in this hand :) . Looks good