[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-QQ MW 3b pot

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      This is snap shove on flop or maybe fold?
      UTG - 36/21/1200h/fold to 3bet UTG 33
      SB - 18/13/1/167h
      BB- 55/34

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $46.26 (185 bb)
      UTG: $15.14 (60.6 bb)
      MP: $27.67 (110.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25.35 (101.4 bb)
      BTN: $26.03 (104.1 bb)
      SB: $25.20 (100.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
      UTG raises to $1.10, MP folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN folds, SB calls $3.40, BB calls $3.25, UTG calls $2.40

Flop: ($14) 6 2 9 (4 players)
      SB bets $6.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $21.85 and is all-in, SB calls $15.20 and is all-in

Turn: ($57.40) 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($57.40) 7 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Past experience tells me I can't discount all KK+ from SB here so I'm torn to say a weak and very exploitable fold... Also, he has just about all sets in his range...

It's mostly because he seems like a complete preflop nit, I can't imagine him calling weak and then stacking off light here.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      How can anybody exploit your folds in such situations? I mean they do not know what you fold and you can be nitty in multiway, thin in HU pots. There are tons of diferent opponents which could influence your dissicion. And about hand what do you think about calling he could paly TT-JJ same way. By raising we isolate our self ws range which crushes us.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      How can anybody exploit your folds in such situations? I mean they do not know what you fold and you can be nitty in multiway, thin in HU pots. There are tons of diferent opponents which could influence your dissicion. And about hand what do you think about calling he could paly TT-JJ same way. By raising we isolate our self ws range which crushes us.
      If they digg deep and see your folding frequency here they can exploit it but they'd need thousands of hands on you and it's almost never going to happen in practice. When I say exploitable, I don't mean EXPLOITED. Exploitable doesn't mean -EV or automatically exploited.

Calling doesn't seem to appealing either given SPR. Do you think he ever bet/folds JJ or that type of hand? You have to look at his range and think if it's ever worth calling.. Does he increase his bluff/thin vbet frequency enough so you can call/call or is his range the same as when you shove? If it's the same, what's your equity? From this you make your decision. I think getting it in is probably not profitable on average with QQ, maybe having AA makes enough of a difference.

However, I don't think anyone would get away fro QQ in this spot so if you reverse the situation you don't lose there. Basically, money exchanges accounts all the time you encounter the situation.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      I think better nits vould fold jj-tt in this spot. And imo donking with sets and overpairs in 4 way pot is good play from sb perspective. I vould only call one bet vs nit, in most cases they should down without set on later streets. Of course more reads vould help.