[NL2-NL10] SH NL10: KK with AK4 rainbow flop

• bckdrflush
      Here's a crazy NL10 SH hand. The calls were very loose all over the place making it dangerous even to play KK. I tend to slowplay big hands a bit too much - trying to check raise, but usually it ends up in disaster.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      6 players - live stats. not too many hands.

UTG w5pietro1 ($4.25)47/5/0.5/55 VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS
      UTG+1 Hero ($12.45)
      CO adoah ($1.35)
      BTN uppisen99 ($12.85) 62/12/2/30
      SB Llau-Mmm ($15.50)
      BB cattack ($13.45)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 K K
      w5pietro1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, uppisen99 calls $0.50, 2 folds, w5pietro1 calls $0.40

the table is very fishy, friday night drunk even as you can see by the stats. Happy to get 2 calls with KK

Flop: K A 4 ($1.65, 3 players)
      w5pietro1 checks, Hero checks, uppisen99 checks

fantastic - I have trips and there's an A on the board maybe someone donked with Ax and even has two pair? No one bets -I'm wondering how to make some money on this hand

Turn: T ($1.65, 3 players)
      w5pietro1 checks, Hero bets $1, uppisen99 raises to $2.20, w5pietro1 folds, Hero goes all-in $11.95, uppisen99 calls $9.75

likely the reraiser thinks I'm bluffing that the T helped my hand and is trying to push me off - though he's very fishy - but then I'm thinking only about my hand and counting his stack. I go all in thinking he's trying to scare me off a bluff or a weaker hand

River: K ($25.55, 2 players)

Final Pot: $25.55
      Hero shows: K K
      uppisen99 shows: J Q

Hero wins $23.55 ( won +$11.10 )
      w5pietro1 lost -$0.50
      uppisen99 lost -$12.45
  • 3 replies
    • gggeorgio
      I think you need to bet out for sure on the flop. You were the preflop aggressor and based on the stats both players WTS are high so they'll likely pay you off. The other thing is that a check/raise after being the preflop aggressor is a very strong move and may actually push a fish off a weak hand that they might have been happy to call you down with.

I've been playing SH NL10 as well for the past couple weeks and for me its been most effective to get a pretty loose/aggressive table image by making lots of steal raises preflop and continuation bets. I get caught sometimes loosing mostly small pots, but when you get hands like this you can happily bet every street and people often call you down with junk.

I imagine I'll have to make adjustments if I move up limits (hopefully soon :D ) but so far its worked well of SH NL10.
    • Philipvw
      You make the wrong adjustment. "fantastic - I have trips and there's an A on the board maybe someone donked with Ax and even has two pair?" If you want to get that money you need to start getting those chips in the pot. If your opponents are crazy like you said, you need to value bet more often and this is a good spot to start.
    • Kaitz20
      I would bet out on that flop.
      Although you have basically the nuts you can get worse hands to call. (mostly Ax)
      That´s why I don´t like slowplay with big hands.