Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 172.2 BB
      MP: 112 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: 9:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 3:club: 9:club: J:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 6 BB, MP raises to 27.1 BB, Hero raises to 97 BB and is all-in, fold, fold

Hero wins 66.3 BB

UTG 60 hands VPiP 28, MP 10 hands.

Is it a total mistake what I did on flop?
      I lose against 33, 99, JJ, and flushes. I dont think he would need to raise so large with flush,unless his hand is 56s or similar.
      He might have also QQ+.
      Maybe he even folded set here 33, he was thinking for a minute before folding.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

I think it's important to know the PFR stat of UTG.
      Overall, I don't really like calling these hands OOP so I'd just muck this preflop.

Overall this situation on the flop sucks pretty much and all of the moves have their pros and cons.
      If we fold here, it a little bit weak, since he could be raising some Acx hands.
      If we just call here, then we will have to play another street OOP and risk to hit a bad card. Also, we have a player behind to act, who showed strength.
      If we shove here, we pretty much isolate ourselves mostly against better hands, since we don't even know if MP raises naked FD here.

Overall, one can argue about all this three options being right, but in my opinion they are all right and wrong at the same time.
      If I were you here, I'd be choosing between folding and shoving here, and most likely to choose folding.