BTN: 6.4 BB
      SB: 220.7 BB
      BB: 194.5 BB
      Hero (UTG): 307.5 BB
      MP: 29 BB
      CO: 50 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: T:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 10 BB, fold, Hero raises to 25 BB, SB raises to 40 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

Flop: (81 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: A:spade: Q:heart:
      SB bets 38.5 BB, Hero calls 38.5 BB

Turn: (158 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (158 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB bets 142.2 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 142.2 BB

SB shows K:club: J:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 38%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A:heart: T:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 62%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins 432.4 BB

500 hands, 28 VPiP, 3bet 10, 4bet 14.

Seems that villian 3bets a lot. Is it ok to call? ATs is too weak to call I guess. I thought he will fold 4bet because we are deep. Then I called his mini 5 bet, I hoped to hit A, or two pairs, trips, or flush.
      Should I fold to his min 5bet?

On flop I hoped he has KK. I dont think he would 5 bet with QQ or AK, and he seems to be loose aggresive (as me in this case :) )

I called his push, because I believed it is bluff, probably I played it horrible the whole hand, this time i was lucky.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: I'd say that without info calling the small/min 5-bet is not the greatest idea. His range is polarized but he can still raise AK/AQ like this.

I'd 4-bet/fold or call the 3-bet preflop based on our information on him.

Postflop: What does he rep on the river? What's his range look like to you (besides the bluff).

What do you do if he goes bet/bet/bet?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      test
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      If he would bet bet bet I would put him on AK, and fold turn.
      I dont think that even AQ bets flop and turn.
      On turn, I think that he gave up, but I didnt want to bet it. And on river, I think only QQ, AA bets like he did, and check turn because wanted to push. With AQ, AJ he doesnt bet all in for sure (unless he is crazy) and AK is questionable. With KK he would play it totally passive.
      AA there is only one combo, and QQ 3 combos. But as I said, he would just call my 4bet with QQ, and also with AK. So I called, because I thought I lose only against AA, which is unlikely.

Would you fold river?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      If he would bet bet bet I would put him on AK, and fold turn.
      I dont think that even AQ bets flop and turn.
      On turn, I think that he gave up, but I didnt want to bet it. And on river, I think only QQ, AA bets like he did, and check turn because wanted to push. With AQ, AJ he doesnt bet all in for sure (unless he is crazy) and AK is questionable. With KK he would play it totally passive.
      AA there is only one combo, and QQ 3 combos. But as I said, he would just call my 4bet with QQ, and also with AK. So I called, because I thought I lose only against AA, which is unlikely.

Would you fold river?
      Don't foget AQ has two pair (it sounds like you are counting it as 1p).

88 is another hand that could play like this and maybe A8s. I'd only fold if villain has been passive and overall nitty because we can expect them to show up the nuts very often (when shipping 150 BB on one street, even though it's a PSB).