This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH - call 3bet with JTs in position?

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan Poker Coen 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop

Button Hero ($19.70)
      SB ($43.32)
      BB BB ($20.83)
      UTG ($30.66)
      BB ($20)

Preflop: Hero is on the Button with J:spade: T:spade:
      1 fold, BB checks, Hero raises to 1, 1 fold, BB raises to 3.10, 1 fold, Hero calls 2.10.

Flop (6.50) 5:diamond: 8:diamond: 5:heart:
      BB bets 5, 1 fold

Is there value in calling a 3bet with JTs in position?

I calculated once that suited connectors have 24% to improve to something playable at the flop (flush draw + straight draw + two pair + better). JTs is the best one of them and i have position, so if ever i can call a 3bet with suited connector, than this may be the situation for it.

Here, BB was loose-aggressive (41/32/inf/0 on 22hands), but i am interested in the question in general.

Do you guys ever make this play, or simply folding is better?
  • 1 reply
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab,
      Folding is best. You can call 3-bets in some situations with low pocket pairs, because they are almost "invicible" if they hit a set; suited connectors, however, will rarely dominate another hand, unless they flop a straight (and even then, they are only ahead ~70% vs a set). A draw will only complete 30%-50% of the time, so that can't be considered as a great hand to flop either.
      So in short, fold suited connectors to 3-bets.

Regards,
      Craig