ATs TPTK in the heat

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Prima, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $200 (100 bb)
      SB: $295.36 (147.7 bb)
      BB: $200 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $234.55 (117.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T A
      Hero raises to $6, BTN calls $6, SB folds, BB calls $4

Flop: ($19) T 8 2 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $13, BTN raises to $32, BB folds, Hero calls $19

Turn: ($83) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $58, Hero calls $58

River: ($199) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $104 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $199 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: T 8 2 K 7
      BTN mucked and won $196 ($100 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$96 net)

I can't remember any stats I had on these players, only thing I remember is that both players seemed to be typical TAGish players, not overly aggressive or overly passive. (anon. table)

So let's start out by assuming everyone is somewhat solid and not out of line in any way.

Now think of this hand in 3 scenarios:

1. As it is played now.
      2. Instead of BTN raising my cbet, BB is, after BTN has folded. Action is then the same.
      3. BB is not in the hand but only BTN. Rest is the same.

Now what would be the bottom of your calling range on each street here?

If we fold AT otr, are we better off just giving up ott?
  • 3 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think you either have to fold turn or call the river as played, especially this river since its such a brick.

I think you have to assume that if he barrels the turn his pretty much committed to bluff the river as well given #1 His line looks really strong and #2 he is getting a great price on his shove given it only has to work like and #3 Your hand is pretty much face up to being either a weak draw or a weak made hand.

Personally with no reads i'd just give up on the turn but if im calling the turn i would never fold the river unless its a :spade: hits. You pretty much have to call since you have to be good only 25% of the time at this point so even if you expect to lose most of the time its still a +EV call.
    • axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      Agree with what you say.

Think my play here in fact is really bad.. Not sure how wide he flats here pre, but I guess he at least have a decent amount of FDs in his range which he probably could play this way. Maybe A9-AQs(or even lower Axs), KT-KQs, QJs, J9s,98s or something like that. Or how wide of range would you put villain on pre as a default? (blinds are both regs too)

I am very curious though to hear if you guys would be more inclined to call down in this spot if it was just HU (same pos).

Don't be shy, share your thoughts! :)
    • ThePirateSword
      ThePirateSword
      Global
      i will just fold the flop and put a notice , stay away from trouble , he has to do this play 3,4 time on this type of board for me to do something.