This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KK 4bet pot deep

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($38.59)
      BB ($1.91)
      Hero ($37.89)
      BTN ($21.84)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB raises to $1.80, fold, Hero raises to $4.40, SB calls $2.60

FLOP ($9) T:diamond: J:diamond: 3:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $4.50, SB raises to $12, Hero folds

SB wins $17.10

Can he bluff with nut FD? He can have TT, JJ in his range, suited AK so I can be crushed here with my KK :(
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      4bet bigger pre. You are deep, OOP..

Flop is one of the worst for you, only worse would be with Ad instead of one of the other cards. I think you can still get some value so cbetting should be fine but cbet a bit bigger again. 1/2 pot on that board is too small imo. It still remains a bet/fold.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze

But then will I get calls from worse? I 4bet small because I want to get calls from hands like AK. If I 4bet bigger - he will 5bet and I will have to fold. If I 4bet big even QQ might fold, because it might not believe its a bluff.

On flop betting big will also look very strong I think..
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c

If I 4bet bigger - he will 5bet and I will have to fold.
      Why?

I didn't say cbet big btw, I said bigGER, meaning over half pot in this case..

You have the same inconsistency in your thinking as most people: betting big will loook strong so I will value bet small. What do people NOT do? Fold! What do people mostly do? Call! Why would you value bet very small then?!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I was not so sure if they call light in 4bet pots so thats why I thought 4beting bigger will generate too much FE.