$1,85
      BB:
      $6,55
      SB:
      $21,85
      UTG+2:
      $5,25

0,05/0,1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6:spade: , 6:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0,05.
      BB posted big blind of just $0,05 and is all-in.
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,45) 3:diamond: , 4:club: , 5:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0,20, SB folds, BB calls $0,20, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($0,85) K:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,20, BB calls $0,20.

River: ($1,25) 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,30, BB raises to $0,60, Hero raises to $1,35 (All-In), BB calls $0,75.

Final Pot: $3,95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, six high (6s 6h)
      BB shows a straight, six high (6d Kd)

Hero wins with a straight, six high (6s 6h)
      BB wins with a straight, six high (6d Kd)

Should I have just checked on the flop?
      Also I feel like it was the right thing to do to push him on the river... If he had the 67 he would've shown much more aggression on the flop also I push him because any Ace is in his range to make that move... So I think I pushed him knowing I was ahead or a tie (also kinda unlikely he's holding my two outer but )
  • 4 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Disclaimer: I'm not a hand judge, I don't know anything.

In this hand, with the 66.. for me there wasn't enough money in the pot to justify the call here. I personally would have either folded the 6's right away, OR I would have raised them to begin with. I don't think I would have just called here.

Nice flop with the OESD and overpair.

In response to your question, no, I wouldn't have checked the flop. I think a bet here is good, there's only .35 in the pot at this point. Your bet on the flop is logical and correct in my eyes. You got everyone else to fold, and the BB is all-in anyway, so from this point on, it's just a ride to the end.

Actually before I say anything more.. what's up with this? It says at the start that the BB only bet .05, and is all in. So if he's all-in, how does it show him betting/raising later on?

I need to figure out what's really going on in this hand before I can make much sense of it.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      bet flop 0,45 push turn... on the flop you are often ahead but playing against overcards so you need to protect.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Fold preflop IMO
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ysessa
      bet flop 0,45 push turn... on the flop you are often ahead but playing against overcards so you need to protect.
      ^^

pf:
      limp is ok, since UTG is kinda fishy
      but i would probably raise

for beginners, folding is fine