[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] AQs vs. a squeeze

• Th334
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $3.63 (181.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.97 (248.5 bb)
      SB: $4.17 (208.5 bb)
      BB: $2.03 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.07, BTN folds, SB calls $0.06, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.17, SB calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.72) A T K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB raises to $1.79, Hero calls $0.69

Is it okay to play for stacks at this spot? The villains is 42 | 35 | 16.7 | only 31 hands. Seems quite aggro though.

If it's not okay, where would it be better to fold: preflop or flop?

PS: I know my raise sizing is kinda stupid, I was just thinking about other things at that moment :)

• 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hey German,

Preflop: We could play it "safe" with no info and either fold or 4-bet bluff.

Postflop: As played what do you think he is betting that small and what raise size would you choose now (since you said you don't like yours - and I agree with that).
    • Th334
      Hi Bogdan,

Preflop: I thought that I can call it IP and take the pot postflop. The problem there is that I might be dominated and it will be difficult for me to lay the hand down on when I hit. So you reckon against an unknown AQs is not strong enough to flat call and play in a 3-bet pot IP, we should either bluff or muck it?

Flop: Well, I tend not to give much attention to small bet sizing at NL2, because it can easily be a fish that is unaware that bets are proportional to the pot. So I didn't think that he's trapping. Even with AA, a thinking player wouldn't trap here, simply because there are 3 players in the hand and the board is wet.

Why my raise is stupid, simply because with 69 cents left I'm pot committed. If we raise, we should raise-shove.

You might be implying that we could min-raise/fold here in case he traps, but I know nothing about min-raises, and it's just my guess :) Is it an option if we know that the villain is capable of trapping?