This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] AQs vs. a squeeze

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $3.63 (181.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.97 (248.5 bb)
      SB: $4.17 (208.5 bb)
      BB: $2.03 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.07, BTN folds, SB calls $0.06, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.17, SB calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.72) A T K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.26, Hero raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB raises to $1.79, Hero calls $0.69

Is it okay to play for stacks at this spot? The villains is 42 | 35 | 16.7 | only 31 hands. Seems quite aggro though.

If it's not okay, where would it be better to fold: preflop or flop?

PS: I know my raise sizing is kinda stupid, I was just thinking about other things at that moment :)

Cheers.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey German,

Preflop: We could play it "safe" with no info and either fold or 4-bet bluff.

Postflop: As played what do you think he is betting that small and what raise size would you choose now (since you said you don't like yours - and I agree with that).
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi Bogdan,

Preflop: I thought that I can call it IP and take the pot postflop. The problem there is that I might be dominated and it will be difficult for me to lay the hand down on when I hit. So you reckon against an unknown AQs is not strong enough to flat call and play in a 3-bet pot IP, we should either bluff or muck it?

Flop: Well, I tend not to give much attention to small bet sizing at NL2, because it can easily be a fish that is unaware that bets are proportional to the pot. So I didn't think that he's trapping. Even with AA, a thinking player wouldn't trap here, simply because there are 3 players in the hand and the board is wet.

Why my raise is stupid, simply because with 69 cents left I'm pot committed. If we raise, we should raise-shove.

You might be implying that we could min-raise/fold here in case he traps, but I know nothing about min-raises, and it's just my guess :) Is it an option if we know that the villain is capable of trapping?

Ty.