BTN: 130.2 BB
      Hero (SB): 164.8 BB
      BB: 35.7 BB
      UTG: 192.5 BB
      MP: 437.2 BB
      CO: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 8:spade: 8:club:
      Hero bets 11 BB, UTG raises to 22 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Turn: (67 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 31.8 BB, Hero calls 31.8 BB

River: (130.6 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows K:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 74%, Flop 82%, Turn 90%)
      UTG shows Q:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 26%, Flop 18%, Turn 10%)
      UTG wins 124.1 BB

13 hands, VPiP 63, PFR 23. I am not sure if 13 hands, and this stats are enough to say he is probably fish?

I 3bet only 11BB, because I want him to call with weaker Ax (as he did), and if he 4bets I can fold.

Flop looks like nuts for me? I bet only 50% most of time in 3bet pots, and it induces bluff often.

Should I 3bet him on flop? I didnt want because we are deep, and he looks fishy, so he might have 8x.
      On any low card, on turn I would raise him, to get the whole stacks by river, because more often he has Ax than 8x. The turn and river were really bad, so I just played passive.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: I don't mind the 3-bet vs fish for value (this deep). If we get 4-bet I'd say we still have to fold.

Postflop: What's your plan for the river?

I think we would need to ck/fold there more often than not.

Since this is a 3-bet pot and bet slightly less than 1/2 pot villain can also raise, like you said, certain Ax or bluffs so calling is probably the best play (this deep).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I would call up to 1/2 pot size on river, I need to be succesfull 33%, and I think sometimes he would show 49o or similar, and sometimes AJ, or smaller Ax.
      If Q wouldnt come, I would push river, but Q is the most unwanted card there for me.
      Is it ok?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Either of the options is rather loose this deep.

After all he did raise the flop and bet turn so unless he is a maniac I wouldn't assume he bets a random hand like 49o on the river (I wouldn't even assume he raise/call 3-bet with those preflop)

Even though the Q is a bad card can we not bet for value (and fold)?

I can see us betting 30-40 BB and folding to a shove. Thus we get value from weaker Ax that check back.