This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK 3bet pot

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 130.2 BB
      Hero (SB): 164.8 BB
      BB: 35.7 BB
      UTG: 192.5 BB
      MP: 437.2 BB
      CO: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 8:spade: 8:club:
      Hero bets 11 BB, UTG raises to 22 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Turn: (67 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 31.8 BB, Hero calls 31.8 BB

River: (130.6 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows K:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 74%, Flop 82%, Turn 90%)
      UTG shows Q:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 26%, Flop 18%, Turn 10%)
      UTG wins 124.1 BB

13 hands, VPiP 63, PFR 23. I am not sure if 13 hands, and this stats are enough to say he is probably fish?

I 3bet only 11BB, because I want him to call with weaker Ax (as he did), and if he 4bets I can fold.

Flop looks like nuts for me? I bet only 50% most of time in 3bet pots, and it induces bluff often.

Should I 3bet him on flop? I didnt want because we are deep, and he looks fishy, so he might have 8x.
      On any low card, on turn I would raise him, to get the whole stacks by river, because more often he has Ax than 8x. The turn and river were really bad, so I just played passive.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: I don't mind the 3-bet vs fish for value (this deep). If we get 4-bet I'd say we still have to fold.

Postflop: What's your plan for the river?

I think we would need to ck/fold there more often than not.

Since this is a 3-bet pot and bet slightly less than 1/2 pot villain can also raise, like you said, certain Ax or bluffs so calling is probably the best play (this deep).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      I would call up to 1/2 pot size on river, I need to be succesfull 33%, and I think sometimes he would show 49o or similar, and sometimes AJ, or smaller Ax.
      If Q wouldnt come, I would push river, but Q is the most unwanted card there for me.
      Is it ok?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Either of the options is rather loose this deep.

After all he did raise the flop and bet turn so unless he is a maniac I wouldn't assume he bets a random hand like 49o on the river (I wouldn't even assume he raise/call 3-bet with those preflop)

Even though the Q is a bad card can we not bet for value (and fold)?

I can see us betting 30-40 BB and folding to a shove. Thus we get value from weaker Ax that check back.