Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:club: 7:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, SB calls 1.5 BB, fold

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: 9:club: 2:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 3.6 BB, SB calls 3.6 BB

Turn: (12.2 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB bets 8.7 BB, Hero calls 8.7 BB

River: (29.6 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      SB bets 28.2 BB, Hero calls 28.2 BB

SB shows T:diamond: J:diamond: (One Pair, Twos) (Pre 71%, Flop 72%, Turn 84%)
      Hero shows T:club: 7:club: (Straight, Ten High) (Pre 29%, Flop 28%, Turn 16%)
      Hero wins 81.7 BB

126 hands, 36 VPiP, 14 PFR, 3bet 6, donk 0%. He looks as fish.

I saw his line on turn and river as total bluff, because he rarely has 2x there, and with set he wouldnt play like that.
      Maybe it would be better to raise him on turn if I believe it is a bluff?

I would raise him on river if he wouldnt bet pot and it was paired board.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: With fishy guys in the blinds I usually tighten up my steal range and open for 3x (T7s is still fine to open though considering they are not short)

Postflop: Since he is fishy he can still have some 2x or value hand that bets like that so I wouldn't want to have to raise/fold my hand.

On the river though, if you don't think he has a fullhouse (only hand that beats us) why not raise small to at least induce a call or shove?

He polarizes his range there a lot and as you said I doubt he does that with much that beats us so I'd make it 63 or so BBs to give him a chance to either shove as bluff or call light.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      "I'd make it 63 or so BBs to give him a chance to either shove as bluff or call light."

Did you notice that we are 150BB deep? I would raise for sure if we are not deep, but would have trouble if he pushes, because he looks fishy, and could do it with A2s.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      "I'd make it 63 or so BBs to give him a chance to either shove as bluff or call light."

Did you notice that we are 150BB deep? I would raise for sure if we are not deep, but would have trouble if he pushes, because he looks fishy, and could do it with A2s.
      Yes, that's why I would make it 63. If you weren't deep that would not leave him any money behind to really shove and think he has FE.

You said it yourself that based on his line and how the board ran that villain is very unlikely to have the nuts here. So I think that we have the best hand always here and since it's such a hidden draw I can expect him to be happy with overpairs, 9x, random 2x, etc.