Hero (BTN): 174.3 BB
      SB: 112.8 BB
      BB: 87.1 BB
      UTG: 179.1 BB
      MP: 101.8 BB
      CO: 136.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: A:diamond:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 7 BB

Flop: (21.5 BB, 2 players) A:spade: 2:diamond: Q:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 12 BB, UTG calls 12 BB

Turn: (45.5 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 25 BB, UTG calls 25 BB

River: (95.5 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows A:heart: 9:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 31%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows T:heart: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 69%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins 90.8 BB

862 hands, VPiP 29, PFR 16, 3b 2, 4b 4, fold to 3bet 72%. Call cbet in 3bet pots 5/8, turn 3/4.

I 3bet because I am btn, and he folds enough to 3bet so it can be profitable (but it is borderline because he is utg, so better not to 3bet)

On flop standard cbet, but what to do on turn? he calls with Ax which is most of the time better, and with fd, maybe KQ. I bet turn, because of fd calls, and if I check behind he might bet large river, and I would have problem calling.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't like 3-betting this deep, against a fishy reg (29 vpip is far from 16 PFR so that tells me he is fishy) offsuite aces unless the guy is also fit/fold postflop (or we are doing for thin value pre). Deep you will get called more often and thus you will most likely have to be a few streets.

As played what combos of FDs can this guy open UTG and have on the flop? Maybe KJss or KTss or JTss?

There are a lot more combos of AK/AQ/AJ than all flushes and random Qx that he can have.

So because of that I'd check turn and fold river or if he checks we can throw a small vbet.
    • mkapt
      mkapt
      Bronze
      Hi BogdanPS. First of all, I really love your videos!

Second, did you really like the action on preflop? I mean, the tagfish is probably weak, but he folds a lot to 3bet, so almost everything he decides to take to the flop is a tight range that beat us (AJ,AQ). Isn't better to 3bet light him using hands like suited connectors?

Thanks in advance.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mkapt
      Hi BogdanPS. First of all, I really love your videos!

Second, did you really like the action on preflop? I mean, the tagfish is probably weak, but he folds a lot to 3bet, so almost everything he decides to take to the flop is a tight range that beat us (AJ,AQ). Isn't better to 3bet light him using hands like suited connectors?

Thanks in advance.
      Considering that he folds a lot preflop I don't mind 3-betting the top of my folding range and hands that have blockers.

If we get called I wouldn't bluff often anyway because his range is really strong. I do agree with you that suited connectors may make our life easier on the flop but we sacrifice the blockers preflop (that make it more likely for us to take it down right away).