This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KQo called 3bet IP

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.80)
      BB ($21.73)
      UTG ($28.67)
      Hero ($21.74)
      BTN ($15.36)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club:

BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($9.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club: 6:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club: 6:spade: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $4.80, BB folds

Hero shows K:spade: Q:club:

Hero wins $9.22

fold to 4bet 25 (8)

He was 3beting a lot vs steals, I checked session stats, it was more than 20, I did not pay attention to exact number but when stealing it looked like I will be 3beted. I tried 4bet bluffing, but it did not work one or 2 times. I heard that some call 3bets with KQ but I don't usually do that, for me its very loose. But I tried to call, did not kwow if I beat his range but just tried.

The problem is that he cbets a lot, so if I don't hit, I am not sure - should I float or should I raise cbet. He cbets much less on turn, so for that reason I could try to float.

On the turn I don't bet because I want 2 streets of bets, so if I bet turn and he bets river, then it might be too much money invested and it will be tough decition to fold or not if I still have top pair.

But if he bets river when turn is checked, I think now thats its not good for me, he has low aggression on river, so proabbly its a fold, unless sizing is low.
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Rather bet the turn and hope him to call, you don't want to see the board pair up or see A or Q. He will fold his weak holdings anyway and you won't get value from many worse on that river.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Preflop is very close but against >15% 3bet it's definitely good enough to call.

Flop is again easy call and turn is most definitely a bet. If you bet turn, you likely get a free showdown plus you now have more value hands that call flop in a 3bet pot and can bet the turn. If you check this, you almost never float flop with a value hand (you prob raise flop with made hands a very high frequency), thus will lose in the long run because of this bad tendency. I don't argue being balanced in every spot but this is quite a common spot vs aggressive 3bettors that you call and float often. If they realize you cannot rep a hand when you float you start bleeding money.

Furthermore, it's not a spot where you get raised often or hard to play against a raise.