Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.80)
      BB ($21.73)
      UTG ($28.67)
      Hero ($21.74)
      BTN ($15.36)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club:

BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($9.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club: 6:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.70) 9:spade: K:heart: T:club: 6:spade: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $4.80, BB folds

Hero shows K:spade: Q:club:

Hero wins $9.22

fold to 4bet 25 (8)

He was 3beting a lot vs steals, I checked session stats, it was more than 20, I did not pay attention to exact number but when stealing it looked like I will be 3beted. I tried 4bet bluffing, but it did not work one or 2 times. I heard that some call 3bets with KQ but I don't usually do that, for me its very loose. But I tried to call, did not kwow if I beat his range but just tried.

The problem is that he cbets a lot, so if I don't hit, I am not sure - should I float or should I raise cbet. He cbets much less on turn, so for that reason I could try to float.

On the turn I don't bet because I want 2 streets of bets, so if I bet turn and he bets river, then it might be too much money invested and it will be tough decition to fold or not if I still have top pair.

But if he bets river when turn is checked, I think now thats its not good for me, he has low aggression on river, so proabbly its a fold, unless sizing is low.
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      Rather bet the turn and hope him to call, you don't want to see the board pair up or see A or Q. He will fold his weak holdings anyway and you won't get value from many worse on that river.
    • EmanuelC16
      Preflop is very close but against >15% 3bet it's definitely good enough to call.

Flop is again easy call and turn is most definitely a bet. If you bet turn, you likely get a free showdown plus you now have more value hands that call flop in a 3bet pot and can bet the turn. If you check this, you almost never float flop with a value hand (you prob raise flop with made hands a very high frequency), thus will lose in the long run because of this bad tendency. I don't argue being balanced in every spot but this is quite a common spot vs aggressive 3bettors that you call and float often. If they realize you cannot rep a hand when you float you start bleeding money.

Furthermore, it's not a spot where you get raised often or hard to play against a raise.