Need Help!!!

• NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      hey guys can somebody help me!
      I'm trying to rebuild my bankroll (and to clear my mansion points afterwards - 100$ still waiting for me :D ) and I found a site that gives away money for poker but you need to pass an "poker IQ test". You can take the test once every 4 hours and you need at least 70% correct answers (7/10 questions) to get 25$. I failed 4 times already and I am getting really irritated. So can someone more experienced help me with the questions??? :(
  • 9 replies
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      correction - failed 5 times!!!
    • Wulber1973
      Wulber1973
      Bronze
      Whats the questions?
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      Just a thought, but maybe you're actually acing the test - and you're too good for the poker site. Maybe only the bottom 20% get accepted.. that's how I'd run it :-)
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      no really the questions are not so tough, but... i got no more than 5/10 score so far :D
      its about acting in different situations, some questions about outs and... thats about it
      i cannot understand where do I go wrong
      I cannot show you the questions right now because I need 2 more hours for my next attempt, but I will post some of them as soon as I can
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      have been logged into same site and been trying same quiz for two days now and have taken it 4 times ,i have had a 2,2,5,6,so far 7,8,9,or 10 will give me a sponsership so im heading in the right direction, keep trying and good luck
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      score 3/10 - do I suck that bad?!? here are the questions - I've highlighted my answers

1. # Tournament. Blinds are 200-400 with 25 antes. You have 14,000 chips. 9 handed.

You are in the cutoff seat with:
      AH10C
      Everyone folds and you raise to 1200. Button folds and the small blind goes all in for a total of 5000. You don't have much information on your opponent, except that he seems solid and you assume that he has some kind of real hand. What should you do?
      Call

Fold

2. # 10 man table. 5/10 NL with $1000 stacks. 3 limpers and your check your option in the BB with:
      ACQD

The Flop:

ADJH3C

1st limper bets out $20 and the 2nd limper raises to $50. The 3rd limper folds and the action is on you.

Whats your move?
      Call, its likely the 2nd limper has a weak ace and you can extract another bet on the turn from him since your out of position

Call, if a blank comes on the turn lead out to protect you big hand

Put in a 3-bet since your out of position and need to protect your hand

Make a substantial raise to $250 to protect from bad players hitting 2-pair or better

3. # 5/10 NL Holdem. 6 handed with 1000 stacks. You're UTG at an ultra aggressive table with 44. What do you do?
      Fold

Limp in and fold to a raise

Limp in and call a single raise

Raise

4. # 6 man table. 5/10 NL with 1k stacks. You're dealt QT off in cut-off and you raise to $30. The button calls and so does the big blind.

Flop:

KCQD10D

BB check. You make a continuation of bet $50 - The button raises to $150 and the bb calls. You think for a moment and decide to call.

Turn:
      8C

The big blind leads out for $250. Whats your move?
      Call, you maybe be up against a straight but have the implied odds to call

Call, you're confident that you're ahead of the big blind but don't have a read on the button

Raise, isolate the bb since he missed the flush draw on the turn

Raise, its likely you're ahead and should protect your hand by raising
      Fold, its unlikely your hand is best at this point

Fold, you might have the best hand but there are many hands that dominate you

5. # Floating is a common tactic that involves calling your opponent on the flop with the intention of bluffing them on the turn and/or river. In order to 'float' your opponent successfully what are the 2 most important factors?
      this question did not have answers even LOL

6. # You enter a live Heads-up cash game against a wildly aggressive opponent at 10/20 NL. $2,000 stacks.
      You immediately raise to $60 the first hand without looking at your cards and your opponents clearly notices your play.
      He doesn't hesitate to call and checks the flop of:
      Flop:
      JD9C4C

You bet $100 and he beats you into the pot raising it to $300. You look down at your hole cards and find:

JH10C

You think for a moment and call.
      Turn is:

4H
      Your opponent leads out for $600. Whats your best move?
      Raise to $900

Raise all-in

Call, and push the river if there is no club

Call, fold to an all-in on the river

Fold, he probably has you outkicked

7. # 5/10 NL cash game. $1,000 stacks. 6 handed. You are in middle position with:
      AHKH
      A loose aggressive player UTG raises to $40. You re-raise to $130 and he calls.
      The flop is:
      3H4H8C
      He checks and you bet $185 into the $280 pot. He check raises all-in. What should you do?

Call

Fold

8. # 1/2 NL cash game. 6 players are seated with stacks ranging from 350 to 600. A tight player in the cut off raises to $8. Button re-raises to $14.

You are in the BB and have:

7S7D

What should you do?
      Fold
      Call and only play if you flop the set

Call and lead out on a low flop

Raise to $36 and only play if you flop the set

Raise to $36 and try to push your opponents out on the flop

9. # 5/10 NL. 9 handed. It is folded to you in the Cut-Off. Your table is loose aggressive and you are a tight passive player. What is the most common play for a player of your style in this position?

JH10H

Raise

Fold

Call

10. # 10 man table. 5/10 NL with $1000 stacks. Under the gun (UTG) who is playing extremely aggressive straddles (its a live game) to $20. You're in middle position with TcTs and raise to $70. It folds around to UTG who promptly re-reraises to $200. You opt to call.

Flop:

AC8C3C

UTG checks rather quickly and you decide to check behind him.

Turn:
      5s

UTG leads out for $80 and you flat call.

River:
      9d

UTG thinks for a second and bets out $150. Whats your move?
      a) Fold, its likely your beat even though pot odds are high

b) Call, you're opponent is extremely LAG and your getting great pot odds
      c) Raise, represent the big ace and try to get your opponent to fold

d) All-in, you've put your opponent a big ace and you think he'll fold to a shove
    • kostaKAT
      kostaKAT
      Bronze
      At wich site??
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      its ok i passed already - all this for only 10$ :baby:
    • kostaKAT
      kostaKAT
      Bronze
      :( At wich site, I badly need that 10$ since i have 0.26$ left. Please tell me.