Fulltilt softness

• 13 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      micros are soft everywhere and full of bad regs and tons of fish. You just have to put in time and work on your own game.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Agree that FT micros are full of bad regs, but noticeably less 'donators' than you find on Stars, at least in my opinion.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      There is no comparisson to the FTP as it used to be.
      At the moment it's the only site I've played at that I can't beat NL5. Besides the solid players even the donkeys seem to be unbelievably lucky. It may just be my impression but I've never seen so many 5-10% plays being rewarded at the end.
    • BluffMe1980
      BluffMe1980
      Basic
      Oh come on, luck runs out, it's the player skill that matters and from what you guys are saying microstakes aren't as good as on other sites. Shame, always liked the software.
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      i played NL50 SH on new FTP and went back to PS after clearing the bonuses because PS is a donkfest compared to new FTP imho
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BluffMe1980
      Oh come on, luck runs out, it's the player skill that matters and from what you guys are saying microstakes aren't as good as on other sites. Shame, always liked the software.
      The software is still a charm to play at but I find the competition to be the toughest from all the other sites I've tried.
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      I havn't tried stars for some time now but if we look at zoom- and rushstats between the two sites, nl10 6max for example has 15% plr/flop at stars and 24% at full tilt. quite a difference.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lodinn
      I havn't tried stars for some time now but if we look at zoom- and rushstats between the two sites, nl10 6max for example has 15% plr/flop at stars and 24% at full tilt. quite a difference.
      Could be that the way these stats are calculated is totally different - some sites for instance include hands that didn't see a flop at all and others don't.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      full tilt seems pretty tough compared to pokerstars.
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that it matters a great deal what time of day you are playing. As long as you pay attention and have a plan to beat both types of players (fish and regs) and you pay attention to who is who I think you can do okay at FTP. I have a small winrate of something like 9 bb/100 on FTP over a decentish but by no means conclusive sample (50k) on rush. I do know that with the correct filters you can find some uber soft games at .5/10 .10/20 and even .25/50

I have done worse on P Stars but have not payed anywhere near as much attention as I should be on the zoom games I have played so that will be a factor but just as a thought it feels tougher on Stars.

I think however that with Stars you can have such a large player base that you can hunt for fishes and easy money. Full Tilt is still very small compared to Stars so its noticeable that you get lulls in the number of uber fish.

I would also say that I think I-poker is easier than both of them (770) but I prefer Stars software to tilt and tilt to 770. Just my preference though
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      I have set myself some online poker goals this year and if it all goes to plan next year im looking to be rolled for playing nl25/nl50 on full tilt, is this a good idea or should i stick with stars or another site?

anybody have any advice?
    • elliotmack
      elliotmack
      Bronze
      I don't think the micros at FT are too hard I deposited around 400 dollars (£300) into the site about 2 months ago and by grinding out NL10 and SH $10 SNGs I've managed to accumulate near enough $1000. Not a lot by any means however I did try my skill in PS and couldn't beat NL10 there or the SNGs for that matter. IMO FT offers a lot of bad reg players not a lot of fish but players who very much favour short term result plays. Yes I agree that when your 80-90% fave you've ALMOST always got a sweat and the river does seem to bum you over. Just remember how many times you've sucked out when you jam your black 99 to run into KK and you get runner runner flush or straight. It all evens out in the long run.
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Very fishy as you would expect...

Def. worth a look - Only down side is not as many games as they used to. Player pool is def. in decline post black friday. :/