BTN: 272.4 BB
      SB: 264.5 BB
      BB: 101.1 BB
      Hero (UTG): 307.2 BB
      MP: 145.1 BB
      CO: 106.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (13 BB, 4 players) 3:club: 9:spade: A:diamond:
      SB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, MP calls 8 BB, fold, SB calls 7 BB

Turn: (37 BB, 3 players) A:club:
      SB bets 2 BB, Hero raises to 20.6 BB, MP calls 20.6 BB, SB calls 18.6 BB

River: (98.8 BB, 3 players) T:diamond:
      SB bets 6 BB, Hero raises to 20 BB, MP calls 20 BB, fold

Hero shows K:spade: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 74%, Flop 87%, Turn 86%)
      MP mucks A:spade: J:club: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 26%, Flop 13%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins 137.6 BB

MP 3.2 k hands VP 19, PRF 6, 7% raise cbet flop.
      SB 180 hands, VPiP 51 (real fish), he always limps/calls until river where he hits straight (in last 4 hands which I lost)

Are my flop and turn ok? I was afraid to raise more in 4way, because MP might slowplay 33 and 99, and if I would bet river it would be almost push.
      Especially river I could raise more to get value from weaker Ax, but it is 4 way, and
      all of us deep.
  • 4 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I think you played it fine. River I'm not sure to be honest what the best play is. I think we most certainly have sb beat and I'm not sure how mp plays 99/33 so we don't want to raise too big if he just has us dominated. I think we can maybe go slightly bigger on the river but I think we have to be worried about mp here and I think he probably plays his sets slightly faster so I think raising is probably ok given he will call us with worse Ax.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Based on MPs line (and SBs to some degree) he has at least an Ax hand (he could have a 99, 33 slowplay).

So my question to you: why not raise larger on that river (can make an argument for overbet shoving but this deep it may be light)? I doubt MP will ever fold an Ax hands (AJ/AQ) and SB never folds any Ax.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I lost couple of times in a row agaisnt SB, he had each time straight, and me set, so I lost self confidence at that moment, and also MP was calling.
      I expected MP to have weaker Ax, but what s MP calling? He cant have Ax here. And what would I do if I raise larger, and MP pushes?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I lost couple of times in a row agaisnt SB, he had each time straight, and me set, so I lost self confidence at that moment, and also MP was calling.
      I expected MP to have weaker Ax, but what s MP calling? He cant have Ax here. And what would I do if I raise larger, and MP pushes?
      Why can't MP have an Ax?

Either one of them could have one, but more likely MP is holding one based on his calls (and other rare slowplays).

I doubt MP would shove without the nuts there so if we don't shove we can raise/fold.