[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - riverbluff

• 9 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      If you want to bluff just barrel turn, you have a gut shot and an overcard, you don't represent much with your line.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with double2 here in regards to the turn barrel.

I don't mind betting the turn with our gutshot/1 over if we want to continue bluffing.

The problem with the river is that we will most likely get called by all made hands (villain seems shorter and may be a fish?). There are draws that missed though like FDs and A5/A2.

Our bluff has to work roughly 50% of the time so it really depends how often he bluffs versus valuebets so I think it's relatively close against short unknown (at best).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Turn doesn't seem great to barrel and I just gave up.

On the river I also think he mayb bet/f 7x.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Turn doesn't seem great to barrel and I just gave up.

On the river I also think he mayb bet/f 7x.
      Maybe but he is fishy and may you look you up with 1p. I generally tend to stay away from running bluffs versus fishy guys in spots where they usually don't fold much (of course we make Kx,Ax to fold which is not bad).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      ok ok

You expect him to snapcall Tx?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Turn is kind of close actually because he is almost never folding turn imo so we have to barrel with the plan of betting river again. Now this is where it gets tricky because we don't know how he would play draws and A2/A5 type crap also if he will ever fold Tx vs a river bet anyway. So as far as turn goes I think it's kind of close but this is a pretty good barreling hand with one over to the T and a gutshot although I don't hate a check either.

As far as river goes, I think with the raise you are just targeting his A2/A5 type hands so I think raising to like $7 is prob better because he prob snaps Tx vs 7$ or $8 and I think $7 is enough to make him fold his air.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thanks. He can also have busted FD's? 67?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Yea I just referred to all of those as his "air"
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      ok ok

You expect him to snapcall Tx?
      I would yes and as serverm pointed out you can raise smaller to target the pure air (Ax included).